Issue with external usb ethernet interface

twisterrm

Issue with external usb ethernet interface

Post by twisterrm »

Hi all,
If i connect an ethernet (2,5Ghz) dongle to usb3 or usb-c (thunderbolt) interface i have constantly disconnect, loss of signal and overall performance at 120mbps instead as expected 2300/2400mbps. I used 3 different dongle (2 usb3 and 1 usb-c), that dongle work with expected result on an old lenovo i5 4th gen.
I made the test with Windows and Linux (arch last kernel), same results. The concern is that the issue persist on usb and thunderbolt iface it seems something about bios/firmware.
Any hint?
Thank you
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Issue with external usb ethernet interface

Post by Gabe »

Try putting the dongle on a USB extension cable, if you have one, keeping the dongle at least a couple of feet away from the unit. This might help.

When devices are connected to USB 3 it can sometimes throw off some signal noise that can interfere with other signals, including wireless signals.

I don't know for sure that this is what's causing the issue you're seeing, but if you have the extension cable it's worth a try.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
twisterrm

Post by twisterrm »

Sadly same issue, the strange fact is that on other 2 pc (same cable length) everything work as expected
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

twisterrm wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:15 pm Sadly same issue, the strange fact is that on other 2 pc (same cable length) everything work as expected
Though you may get a reply here with some help, I'd contact barry, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com to see if he has any suggestions on what to try.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “i5-1135G7/ i5-11320H/i7-11390H (TK11 series)”