Cannot get it anything to print.

Kayafas

Cannot get it anything to print.

Post by Kayafas »

We have had IT service and service techs from our Ricoh copier printer in and they cannot figure out why it won’t print. Documents seem to be going to a spooler, but they think it has something to do with the firewall.

All drivers are up-to-date and connections are good. Both printers that we use are recognized in the printer dialog box, but documents not seem to be sent to the printer.
brandoman

Re: Cannot get it anything to print.

Post by brandoman »

Printers are a Pain in the butt!

I will assume the tech tried the following steps, but if they haven't make sure to give it a shot!

1. Reboot printer and PC. *Make sure to reboot not shutdown the PC
2. If you have any jobs in the print queue, try clearing them out. If there are any stuck, Open the start menu and type services.msc ---> look for "print spooler" and stop the service. Then open File Explorer Browse to C: > Windows > System 32 > spool > PRINTERS. Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder. Reboot and make sure the service is started and see if you can print.
3. Open the start menu and type services.msc ---> look for "print spooler" and "restart" the service
4. Run the "windows" troubleshooter, it actually can fix the issues at times (open the start menu and type troubleshooter and the option to try to fix your printer should appear. Try running this and see if it helps)
5. Make sure the printer cables are connected (network cable if it is network, USB if wired to PC)
6. remove and re-add the printer from your pc (start --> printers --> select printer, and "remove" it
7. If you want to test firewall, try opening a web browser and "navigating" to the IP address of the printer (you may need to get this from the printer or PC depending on the setup).
8. Try removing and reinstalling the drivers for the printer.
9. Try printing from another pc
**********Note***********

I do not work or represent MiniPCunion and my words are my own. I will do my best to provide guidance based on over 20 years of computing experience.

Return to “N5105(GK3pro)”