bios ami gk3

Post by happygianpi »

come è possibile aggiornare il bios ;)
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: bios ami gk3

Post by Gabe »

Is there a specific reason you need a BIOS update? I ask because they tend to only provide one when there is an issue that needs to be remedied.

Though it's unlikely there even is a BIOS update available at this point, if you have a specific need for it you should post what it is so that the Admin or barry777 can let you know if there is something available.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
spaceone

Post by spaceone »

Hi,

I have also similar questions about bios for GK3 (N100).

In my case AMI bios has basically no useful settings, it seems it's vendor locked. Is there a open bios version or a way how to make all the settings available?

Thanks
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

spaceone wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:22 am Is there a open bios version or a way how to make all the settings available?
I can say, almost without reservation, that there is no other BIOS for the GK3. They normally only release an updated BIOS if some type of problem is detected that needs to be resolved. I haven't seen that happen on here in a while, and the ones I did see were related to cooling fan speed. However, to be sure I'd contact barry, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com.

My guess as to the reasons why there aren't many available options is that these units have to be more dialed in, with less wiggle room than traditional desktops/laptops, so they keep them more locked down to prevent unintentional problems from occurring with settings changes. Again though, that's just a guess.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Intel® Processor N95(AD03/AK1PLUS/GK3PLUS/T8PLUS)”