Unable to power on. Power brick has light that faintly blinks.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600U/5800U
Treetopflyer

Unable to power on. Power brick has light that faintly blinks.

Post by Treetopflyer »

Unit doesn't seem to be getting power properly. The Power button is dark and won't turn on the minipc. As stated in the subject, the power brick has a little led that just flashes slowly and never really lights up. With my test meter, the output of the power supply cord does read 19v but the led flashing makes me question it. Seems it used to stay solid green when it was working. Is there a recommended replacement for the 19v 3a power supply?
FWIW, just purchased in June of 2023.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Unable to power on. Power brick has light that faintly blinks.

Post by Gabe »

I'd contact the tech at barry@minipcunion.com, as it's possible the power supply is faulty.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

You can try the following two:
DC Jack: https://a.co/d/1CC2QOU
Type-c: https://a.co/d/4bj3DUL
Cosplae

Post by Cosplae »

Bought the new power supply yet my mini pc still wont turn on does this mean the PC itsself is broken? One night it was working i fell asleep wokeup too it off and havent been able to turn it on since I received this pc on April 26,2023 so I haven’t had it long and I visually see nothing wrong with it.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Cosplae wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:46 pm Bought the new power supply yet my mini pc still wont turn on does this mean the PC itsself is broken? One night it was working i fell asleep wokeup too it off and havent been able to turn it on since I received this pc on April 26,2023 so I haven’t had it long and I visually see nothing wrong with it.
If you haven't already done so, try doing a reset. To do so, unplug everything from the unit, then press the reset button in the little hole near the bottom on the front of the unit. You'll feel it depress. Hold it in for at least ten or fifteen seconds, then release it. Then reconnect the monitor, the mouse/keyboard and the power and try turning it on.

For reference, if the adjustment dial lights up, but nothing ends up showing on the screen, try connecting it to your TV, if your TV has an HDMI port. The reason I say this is that, if this happens, it's possible that your monitor doesn't recognize the basic output of the BIOS/POST screens. Mine doesn't. Anytime I need to get into the BIOS or Boot Menu I have to connect my AMR5 to an older monitor or my TV, as my newer Acer monitor can't display the BIOS/POST screens. Both my AMR5 and AM06 Pro do this (both have the Ryzen 5 5600U CPU), yet all of my other mini PCs are fine with my Acer monitor.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Cosplae

Post by Cosplae »

Didn’t work the adjustment dial isn’t turning on at all
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Cosplae wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:14 pm Didn’t work the adjustment dial isn’t turning on at all
In that case I'd contact barry at barry@minipcunion.com.
Cosplae

Post by Cosplae »

It has came on!! And now I am getting the issue you said with no display I even tried connecting too my tv with my hdmi and no luck I’ll keep fiddling around some more and see what happens Edit: Issue fixed reinserted my ram and it works perfectly again
Last edited by Cosplae on Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Cosplae wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:34 am It has came on!! And now I am getting the issue you said with no display I even tried connecting too my tv with my hdmi and no luck I’ll keep fiddling around some more and see what happens
That it finally came on is at least some kind of progress, but what a pain!

Hopefully it's some kind of software issue, like maybe it tried doing some kind of Windows update that night and encountered a problem, and you'll be able to get it to the point that you can reinstall the system, if that's what it needs.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

If the fault recurs frequently, it is recommended that you refer to the following steps to check the memory:

Return to “AMD Ryzen™5 5600U(AMR5) 5800U”