AM06 Pro fan issue

AM06 PRO AMD Ryzen 4800U 5600U 5500U 5625U 5560U
Mwyann

AM06 Pro fan issue

Post by Mwyann »

Hi,

I recently ordered an AM06 Pro from Amazon, got it set up just right, but I have an issue with the fan which don't always spin, even at boot, even if the CPU gets very hot (close to 100°C), and even with the Force Fan option in the bios. The fan seems to run only when it's been cold enough it seems, and after a while it just stops completely and won't turn on again, unless I let it sit for a couple hours.

I opened it and I don't (visually) see any problem with the motherboard. Tried Clear CMOS. I don't know what's wrong with my unit, and if I return it to Amazon, they'll refund me but I can't get the discount I got anymore. I'd rather try to fix it, but if I get no solution I'll have no choice but return it, as the performance gets bad when it overheats obviously, and I guess it'll greatly reduce its life span too.

Am I the only one with this problem? How can I spot and fix that strange issue? I don't want to glue another fan onto it :D
actiftech

Re: AM06 Pro fan issue

Post by actiftech »

Je suis désolé pour vous. Un ordinateur NEUF devrait fonctionner parfaitement. Pour ma part, ex-testeur d'ordinateurs chinois de qualité, je regrette de me voir refuser la confiance des distributeurs de votre ordinateur. En conségquence, je ne puis ni vous apporter mon aide, ni vous conseiller telle ou telle autre manipulation. A moins que, une restauration du système, avec conservation de vos fichiers? A essayer. Bienvenue chez ACE MAGICIAN! :D
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Mwyann,

I would try contacting both the Amazon seller and barry777, one of the company's techs on here, at barry@minipcunion.com. Hopefully one of them can help to solve the problem, whatever the solution may be.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Mwyann

Post by Mwyann »

Well after a bit of digging, I decided to return it and buy a different model instead. I guess my unit was just faulty, and it was the easiest solution after all.

Sorry for the noise ;)
Sparda88

Post by Sparda88 »

For anyone else having either a fan or heating issues, I wasn't comfortable taking out the motherboard (first time with a mini PC and did not want to break it) but I did bring it to a shop and they reapplied thermal paste. I thought it was fan but after reapplying paste it runs at 54°C when the room is 23°C. Playing a game it rêves up but isn't as bad. If you are comfortable doing it that could be a solution or in the future you notice it happening.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

We appreciate your input and we are working on a fix for this issue.
Bigtom1948

Post by Bigtom1948 »

It's too bad that the bios doesn't have a fan profile as I had to return my AO06 Pro 5700U due to overheating and NO FAN running at all when I was passing 90 degrees Celsius. The fan was there and spun up every time during boot up test, after that never. I tried replacing the Thermal Grease per the support desks request following the video guide they supplied. Funny thing, my fan isn't attached to the case like it is in the guide. :shock: It was a real joy to put back together and BTW there was plenty of grease on the CPU and it was in top shape too. Also the power switch cable was installed by Godzilla as it was extremely tight to the motherboard, so much so that I almost gave up right there. I got it off but thought I was going to break the motherboard it required that much force! :twisted: After the reassembly, the problem still remained so I gave up on it. I sent it back to Amazon and I am getting a replacement in two days. Perhaps I got a bad one and I hope the replacement fixes the issue. At least I am not giving up on the brand yet. Still the AMI Bios is pretty old time stuff and a new UEFI type bios with a fan control would fix the problem. Perhaps there isn't room for a UEFI type chip on the motherboard, I don't know. :roll:
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Bigtom1948 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:08 am It's too bad that the bios doesn't have a fan profile as I had to return my AO06 Pro 5700U due to overheating and NO FAN running at all when I was passing 90 degrees Celsius. The fan was there and spun up every time during boot up test, after that never. I tried replacing the Thermal Grease per the support desks request following the video guide they supplied. Funny thing, my fan isn't attached to the case like it is in the guide. :shock: It was a real joy to put back together and BTW there was plenty of grease on the CPU and it was in top shape too. Also the power switch cable was installed by Godzilla as it was extremely tight to the motherboard, so much so that I almost gave up right there. I got it off but thought I was going to break the motherboard it required that much force! :twisted: After the reassembly, the problem still remained so I gave up on it. I sent it back to Amazon and I am getting a replacement in two days. Perhaps I got a bad one and I hope the replacement fixes the issue. At least I am not giving up on the brand yet. Still the AMI Bios is pretty old time stuff and a new UEFI type bios with a fan control would fix the problem. Perhaps there isn't room for a UEFI type chip on the motherboard, I don't know. :roll:
Thank you very much for your trust and support;
Has the problem been fixed after replacing the product? If there is still an abnormality, please provide the fault video and Amazon purchase order number and send it to the email: barry@minipcunion.com; after verification, we will further assist you in solving the problem.
Bigtom1948

Post by Bigtom1948 »

Received the replacement unit and thus far the overheating issue hasn't shown up in this device. Very pleased with customer support for this issue.

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600U(AM06 AM07 &PRO Series)”