Why so many brand names?

AMD Ryzen™ 9 Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Graphics
Mal

Why so many brand names?

Post by Mal »

Hello, I am currently considering an Ace Magician mini gaming PC for a long-term series of Twitch streams, & YouTube videos on the subject of Mini PC gaming viability in 2023, & comparing the experience to that of the same games on Xbox Series S.

However I am confused as to the company identity, as there are multiple brands all selling the same products? :geek:

The products I am considering are the AMR5, & AM08 Pro. As a UK based customer is Amazon UK the best point of sale for these computers?

Some reviews has stated that Ace Magician is the real brand, & others are knock-offs, yet I see those brands mentioned here too (such as NiPoGi), so I would like some clarification as this is very confusing as a customer.
- Mal
dragonpoo

Re: Why so many brand names?

Post by dragonpoo »

Hey Mal,

It's a valid question and I don't know if we'll ever see an official response from a company rep about it. However, the brands we see on the home page are: NiPoGi, Kamrui, Snumu, Ouvislite, and Ace Magician/Ace Magic. They've had other brands in the past, like Guzilla. I've also seen similar systems on Aliexpress that look the same as the ones here, so they might have other brands in other countries, like China, where I've seen them use CYX (Chuangyingxin).

I feel that they are trying to find an identity that sticks with end consumers. Of those different brands mentioned, I think Ace Magicians feels cool or trendy, whilst "Snumu" doesn't really click with me; maybe it does in other countries or languages. As long as the company shows up in the "union" of brands on the home page of the forums, I'd trust that it's legit.

As to your question about where to buy in the UK, I think Amazon is the best source for you. The AMR5 is a great system (2x m.2 slots) and the AM08pro looks great too (1x m.2, 1x 2.5" SATA) depending on your needs.
GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AMR5 (R5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB) | AD03 (N95/8GB/256GB) | CK10 (i7-10810U/16GB/512GB) | S1 (N95/16GB/512GB)
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Why so many brand names?

Post by Gabe »

There's no one particular brand name that is the 'real brand'. They're all real. They're all made by the same company, though none are sold under that actual company name. Why they sell them under so many different brand names is a good question, and I haven't a clue. Maybe they can only sell them under a certain name in specific markets, but in others they can sell them under all or some of the brand names.

AFAIK, the current brand names are ACE MAGICIAN, ACE MAGIC, Kamrui, NiPoGi, SNUNMU, CTONE and OUVISLITE, though I've seen models on other sites that seem to be exactly the same, but under other names. In addition to the Guzila brand dragonpoo mentioned, ACEPC was another brand they used to sell under, and I believe ACEPC was their original brand.

I second Amazon being the best source.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 9 6900HX(AM08PRO)”