NVME M.2 in AK1 Plus

Intel® Processor N95 6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: NVME M.2 in AK1 Plus

Post by Gabe »

Archivist,

Though I can't answer your question, what I would do, if it's not too hard to do because of a lot of saved data, is to save the important files from the existing drive and installation onto an external drive, like a flash drive or external HDD/SSD, then freshly install the system onto the new drive and copy the saved files over to it manually. I think Windows might even have a built in way that automates the saving of files and then the restoring of them onto the new drive and Windows install, though I've not looked into it much and have never done it.

Though cloning can be a great option, I've never been a fan of it, as it can copy 'problems' from one drive to another, and sometimes it seems to be more problematic than it's worth.

That's just my opinion. Hopefully, whatever you do, you're able to get it up and running with the new drive.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Archivist

Re: NVME M.2 in AK1 Plus

Post by Archivist »

Problem Solved:

I was able to use a couple of different processes described above, but mostly able to create a GUID boot partition with DiskGenius then Clone the Drive w/o needing a USB PE Drive. I did erase my original Clone (that didn't work d/t lack of GUID boot) but once done it took a bit of scrambling.

For the future, I suggest a separate GUID boot partition before any clone operation.

DiskGenius was much easier to use without an issue though perhaps a bit more confusing.

Macrium Reflect (failed to create the GUID partition), Donemax Disk Clone and MiniTool Partition Wizzard all require a Registration and Code downloaded via email to use their Free Version of the software.

Dave

Return to “Intel® Processor N95(AD03/AK1PLUS/GK3PLUS/T8PLUS)”