NVME M.2 in AK1 Plus

Intel® Processor N95 6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz
Archivist

NVME M.2 in AK1 Plus

Post by Archivist »

Hi, Is the NVME M.2 in the AK1 Plus [CMNAK1PLBUS} capable of using a 2280 M.2 Gen 4 series NVME SSD? [e.g. SAMSUNG 980 M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.4 V-NAND MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V8V1T0B/AM]

Archivist
barry777

Re: NVME M.2 in AK1 Plus

Post by barry777 »

AK1 Plus supports NVME protocol SSD, but the transmission speed is PCIe 3.0 *2. SAMSUNG 980 M.2 2280 1TB can be used, but the transmission speed cannot reach PCIe 3.0*4.
Archivist

Post by Archivist »

Thank you Barry777, I wondered if I needed a 1 or 2 Notch M.2 NVME. Thanks for the heads up re: Gen 3 vs Gen 4 transfer rates, I saw something like that for the previous version Pro but hoped the upgraded Plus would be a bit more capable.

Much oblidged!

Dave
Archivist

Post by Archivist »

Hi Barry777, I purchased a PNY GEN3 1TB NVME and cloned it but when I try to use boot it fails. Does this require an upgrade to the Bios to reflect the larger size? If so how do I upgrade the Bios? Also when I go into the Bios I can't change from the Main Screen. I'm using a bluetooth keyboard and logi mouse with USB dongle.

Dave - Archivist
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Archivist,

If you have one available to try, I'd try either a wired or wireless keyboard, and with the latter I mean like the USB dongle for your mouse. It's very likely that the problem, at least with the BIOS, is that the unit only recognizes and can use Bluetooth devices once Windows starts. They can't be used for navigating the BIOS.

If you have another keyboard and can use it to navigate the BIOS, it's likely that you need to change the first boot device to the new drive in the boot section.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Archivist

Post by Archivist »

Thanks Gabe, I'll try that I don't think I have a wired keyboard or a USB mouse, so maybe difficult.

Dave
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Archivist wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:47 pm Thanks Gabe, I'll try that I don't think I have a wired keyboard or a USB mouse, so maybe difficult.

Dave
You're welcome. I hope you can figure something out. Unfortunately, while Bluetooth is great, that it doesn't engage until Windows starts is one of the drawbacks with PCs.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Archivist

Post by Archivist »

Hi Gabe,

I found an old USB Keyboard and have changed it to the new SSD (Gen3 3.2) but it doesn't seem to recognize the new NVME. I've also tried to change the clock speed to 3600 (nominal for the NVME) but it keeps saying error in booting and attempting to "fix".

Any thoughts? According to Barry777 it is only capable of the Gen3 NVME. I used the cloning software macrium but may need to change over to Partition Wizzard (which I've used many times before) to "re-clone" the NVME drive.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Dave
barry777

Post by barry777 »

The newly installed SSD cannot be recognized in the BIOS because the new SSD does not contain system boot files, so it cannot be recognized; the SSD needs to be formatted (with an ESP partition) before installing the system.
1. If you have other computers, you can download [DiskGenius] to format the SSD.
2. If there is no other computer, you can create a PE system and enter the PE system to format the SSD.

It is recommended to refer to the following video for formatting operations:

AK1 Puls system file:
Reinstall the system tutorial

PE file:
Install the PE system tutorial:
Archivist

Post by Archivist »

Hi Barry777,

Thanks for the information. I "cloned" the drive which included GPT activating it first followed by using a total clone from Macrium reflect. It copied the System. Primary, Windows, & Recovery partitions. Do I still need to do the step you suggested? If I do and then clone the NVME again won't that wipe out the process that I complete with DiskGenius?

Dave

Return to “Intel® Processor N95(AD03/AK1PLUS/GK3PLUS/T8PLUS)”