AM07 Update EC procedure (optimize fan speed)

AM06 PRO AMD Ryzen 4800U 5600U 5500U 5625U 5560U
barry777

AM07 Update EC procedure (optimize fan speed)

Post by barry777 »

1. Unzip the downloaded file to the desktop;
2. Use a U disk below 32G to format (you need to select FAT32 format);
3. Copy the two folders after decompression to the root directory of the U disk;
4. Insert the U disk into the USB port of AM07;
5. Please press the [F7] key before starting the machine (don't let go),
Press and hold the power button until the selection interface appears (release [F7]);
6. Use the up and down keys on the keyboard to select the U disk,
Select the U disk and press [Enter] to enter the shell interface;
7. After the update is complete, the computer will automatically shut down
Download EC address:
Updated EC procedure step-by-step video:
pausenklaus

Re: AM07 Update EC procedure (optimize fan speed)

Post by pausenklaus »

Thanks!
I was unable to use F7 to boot it but it worked when i booted the USB drive from the BIOS. The fan seems to be completely off now when booting. I did not verify what happens under load yet.

Can you tell us what was chamged with this update?
AM07
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

pausenklaus wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am Thanks!
I was unable to use F7 to boot it but it worked when i booted the USB drive from the BIOS. The fan seems to be completely off now when booting. I did not verify what happens under load yet.

I'm not quite sure why the F7 instructions are different with this, but I think it's just meant to use F7 in the normal way to get to the boot screen, as in pressing the power button to start the unit, then either pressing and holding or repeatedly tapping the F7 button until the boot screen appears. I usually do the latter.

Since you've already performed this flashing, and because I get REALLY nervous about BIOS flashing of any kind, after the process is complete and the unit shuts down, do you remove the USB flash drive and then start the unit in the normal fashion?

I've actually not had any problems with the fan in my R5 5600U AM06 Pro, so I don't know if I'm even going to do this, but I figured I'd ask, just in case.

I remember a BIOS flash I did last year in which I got stuck, as the instructions showed how to flash the BIOS, but then stopped there, not giving any instruction on what you were supposed to do after the flashing was complete. I didn't know if it was supposed to shut down, restart on its own or if I was supposed to do something. After waiting about fifteen minutes I pressed and held the power button to force a shutdown. Thankfully, it worked. But my heart was still racing, praying I didn't brick the unit by doing the wrong thing.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
pausenklaus

Post by pausenklaus »

Gabe wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:45 am
pausenklaus wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am Thanks!

I'm not quite sure why the F7 instructions are different with this, but I think it's just meant to use F7 in the normal way to get to the boot screen, as in pressing the power button to start the unit, then either pressing and holding or repeatedly tapping the F7 button until the boot screen appears. I usually do the latter.

Since you've already performed this flashing, and because I get REALLY nervous about BIOS flashing of any kind, after the process is complete and the unit shuts down, do you remove the USB flash drive and then start the unit in the normal fashion?

I've actually not had any problems with the fan in my R5 5600U AM06 Pro, so I don't know if I'm even going to do this, but I figured I'd ask, just in case.

I remember a BIOS flash I did last year in which I got stuck, as the instructions showed how to flash the BIOS, but then stopped there, not giving any instruction on what you were supposed to do after the flashing was complete. I didn't know if it was supposed to shut down, restart on its own or if I was supposed to do something. After waiting about fifteen minutes I pressed and held the power button to force a shutdown. Thankfully, it worked. But my heart was still racing, praying I didn't brick the unit by doing the wrong thing.
The device shut itself down after the update.
Since i had to manually boot from USB i did not bother to remove the stick before booting and was able to start up my system normally.
The temperature is a few degrees higher now when idling but the fan is completely silent.

I did some stress testing and the fan spins up once the cpu reaches 100°C!
I'm not sure if this is still safe and might look into a way of configuring it so that it starts to spin up at around 70-75°C
These users thanked the author pausenklaus for the post:
Gabe
AM07
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

pausenklaus,

Thank you for the info. 👍
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

We have tested that after updating the EC, the fan starts to spin at 55°C;
When the CPU is fully loaded, the speed will increase.
pausenklaus

Post by pausenklaus »

barry777 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:54 am We have tested that after updating the EC, the fan starts to spin at 55°C;
When the CPU is fully loaded, the speed will increase.
Good to know!
The first fan step was just very quiet then. Maybe my temperatures rose too quick to 100°C. I will try again soon but i'm very happy with the new firmware :)
AM07
Pepsiman89

Post by Pepsiman89 »

Been looking forward to this fix, it's finally here!
I updated without difficulty and the procedure was very fast, now everything works as it should. I would say perfect. Thank you for listening to our requests! :mrgreen: :roll:
AceMagician AM07 (R5 5500U)
juancete

Post by juancete »

barry777 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:16 am 1. Unzip the downloaded file to the desktop;
2. Use a U disk below 32G to format (you need to select FAT32 format);
3. Copy the two folders after decompression to the root directory of the U disk;
4. Insert the U disk into the USB port of AM07;
5. Please press the [F7] key before starting the machine (don't let go),
Press and hold the power button until the selection interface appears (release [F7]);
6. Use the up and down keys on the keyboard to select the U disk,
Select the U disk and press [Enter] to enter the shell interface;
7. After the update is complete, the computer will automatically shut down
Download EC address:
Updated EC procedure step-by-step video:
Hi barry777,

I've the problems of constant fan speed at AM07, but before update I would like to know if you have the previous firmware.

Thanks!
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Do you have any abnormalities after the upgrade? There are some bugs in the previous version of the firmware, it is recommended that you update to the latest firmware.

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600U(AM06 AM07 &PRO Series)”