Kamrui/AceMagician AM08 Pro with AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS Review

AMD Ryzen™ 9 Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Graphics
actiftech

Re: Kamrui/AceMagician AM08 Pro with AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS Review

Post by actiftech »

Thak you Gabe for your reply. I have been promoting real creations for several years, such as Chuwi, Jumper, Teclast, Zidoo, Onda, etc. Vorke is like Acemagician, it produced a computer Vorke V6 mini PC, which was also sold under other names. It is therefore a "creation" that can be described as "no name". Applying its logo to a computer sold under different names is not a sign of trust. I allow myself to warn once again the managers of AceMagician, do not fall into the ease of participating in a massive production of mini PCs, even if they are efficient and durable, when these are distributed under different names. The originality of the ACEPC history, with this slot for an SSD in the lower part, was brilliant! She was copied. The AK1 model I touted was a precursor. It is this type of innovation and brilliant innovations that renowned brands can be proud of. If a computer sold by Acemagician is sold on Aliexpress under another name, it's the beginning of the end for Acemagician... With all my benevolence. ;)
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Kamrui/AceMagician AM08 Pro with AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS Review

Post by Gabe »

actiftech,

Actually, I believe the original ACEPC AK1 design was based on the HP Slice, though for the lower power, lower cost market. The design is quite similar, though with the Slice the bottom attachments could be stacked, one after the other, I believe, rather than having only the single HDD/SSD carriage like with the AK1.

And you're right, it certainly is brilliant. I bought a GK1, which has that style of case. I later bought an AK3, which has the case with the add on storage under the lid. While I very much preferred the GK1's case, the AK3 had better components. A better CPU, double the RAM and double the storage. Realizing that the system boards were of the exact same layout I swapped them, so that the AK3 board is now in the GK1 case. I still use it to this day on a regular basis. My Brother laser printer is over a decade old, and there hasn't been a Mac driver for it in years, so when I got my M1 Mac Mini in early 2021 I discovered that I still had to use a Windows PC to print things. However, Windows 11 dropped the driver for my printer early this year, so I reverted to Windows 10 with the Frankensteined GK1, running it from a Samsung SSD in the bottom carriage (it's a lot faster than the eMMC storage the unit came with). It's perfect for that purpose, and actually still works pretty well for basic, everyday tasks. When I switch over to print something I'll often end up just continuing to use it for hours online rather than switching back over to my Mac.

Though my newer mini PCs have considerably surpassed its capabilities, my Frankensteined GK1 is still one of my favorites. Funnily enough, I even contacted the admin back in 2020 or so to ask if there was any way I could buy just an AK1 style case for the AK3. When I found out I couldn't, I did the board swap.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 9 6900HX(AM08PRO)”