Questions about pre-installed software

Come here to find solutions to difficult problems!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Questions about pre-installed software

Post by admin »

If Minipc is pre-installed with the google chrome browser, will you accept it? :lol:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Slime00

Re: Questions about pre-installed software

Post by Slime00 »

Considering many people use Edge only to download Chrome, you will save them 5 minutes of their time :D
Jokes aside, I don't think people would complain much, especially if this gives you a bit of revenue, then go for it, you deserve it. As long as people can uninstall it if they don't want it, I don't see any issue personally.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

I no longer use Chrome due to its tracking and the fact that it's so resource hungry. However, a lot of people do use Chrome, so I'm sure it would be of benefit to many people.

And if it's pre installed that doesn't mean you have to use it, so having it on there wouldn't be a problem for those who don't. It's easily removed.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
minipctbz

Post by minipctbz »

admin wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:45 am If Minipc is pre-installed with the google chrome browser, will you accept it? :lol:
It can take up quite a bit of resources. Edge is based on Chrome now and is very similar. But I still prefer Chrome and personally would not mind if it came preinstalled. It does have a lot of updates and would probably need to be upgraded as soon as it is used the first time.
Thanks
pausenklaus

Post by pausenklaus »

I would accept it. Considering Windows alone comes with unwanted software i'd consider chrome as useful. I know the chromium based edge offers the same functionality but that heavy reliance on Bing makes me hate it a lot.
There is also always the option to reinstall a clean copy of windows which experienced users will probably do anyways
AM07
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If it can be uninstalled completely, it should be fine.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
n0nag0n

Post by n0nag0n »

If I got to pick a type of browser to pre-install, I would pick Brave, or even Vivaldi over Google Chrome. Edge though is another Chromium browser and well integrated into Windows so....I'm not opposed to just leaving that in there and making the end user download Chrome on their own...
fuelrod

Post by fuelrod »

admin wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:24 am If it can be uninstalled completely, it should be fine.
Yes, as long as I could uninstall it I would be fine.
Tobi

Post by Tobi »

I never use any pre-installed software what comes from a manufacturer. Always a clean install with software from secure sources.
pieschy

Post by pieschy »

I don't think it will bother someone due it is uninstallable. A lot of brands fill up their PC with useless stuffs. Chrome it is not is one (or the one) most used browser. Personally i use Edge. It could seems a weird choice considering i also use ios,android & primarly Mac OSX. It is chromium based it means it is fully compatible with chrome (also extensions) and from my tests (some months ago) it was even faster than Chrome itself on both Win&Mac systems. I am primarly using MS Office365 business account on all my system so that's why i choose it.
Btw a skilled user obviusly has also Chrome on his system (and maybe other browser).
For whom was complaining about Bing: simply set Google chrome as default search engine and it's done. Bing will disappear everywhere except as home page when you open a new tab (i'm sure i can avoid it but in my case is linked wiht my ms account so it's ok).
That's what i ALWAYS do immediately after installing Edge. Despite Edge i hate Bing as search engine :-P

Return to “Computer Technology Zone”