G1 Drivers or Recovery Image

Discrete graphics card like NTX1650
whenindoubt_c4

G1 Drivers or Recovery Image

Post by whenindoubt_c4 »

Hello, I purchased a G1 and love it so far, but I'm upgrading the primary SSD and I'm looking to do a clean install of Windows 11 Pro, I know I can find the primary drivers from Amd but I was hoping there was a recovery image or download for all of the drivers?

Thanks
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: G1 Drivers or Recovery Image

Post by Gabe »

whenindoubt_c4,

Because it's so new they don't yet have the system and drivers yet listed for it, but I'll send the Admin and barry777 a message, letting them know they're needed.

For reference, I wouldn't use the drivers available from AMD. The drivers on these units are quite often tailored to the unit itself, so what you can get from AMD may not work exactly right.

----------------------------------------------

What I always do when I get one of these units is save the driver folder from the original Windows 11 install the unit comes with. You can find the folder in C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore, and the folder you'd want to save is 'FileRepository'. It'll be anywhere from around 2.5GB to 4GB in size, and you can save it on a USB flash drive for safe keeping. You can just save the entire folder rather than the plethora of individual drivers within it. This way you'll always have the drivers needed in the event that you need to perform a clean install of Windows 11.

If you're familiar with the process of performing a clean install of Windows using media you create, such as with the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool available from Microsoft, you can always do that. However, if you do, first be sure that you've first connected to the internet with the Windows installation the unit comes with. This will ensure that the Windows 11 Activation on the unit is logged on Microsoft's Windows Activation servers. In addition, it's a very good idea to sign into, or create and sign into, your Microsoft Account. This is added 'insurance', so to speak, as the Windows Activation for that unit will also be logged on your Microsoft Account. Then, during Windows setup after a clean install, you can sign into that Microsoft Account, again as an extra step to ensure the new installation will Activate. The Windows Product Key is embedded in the BIOS, but these are just extra steps to make extra sure everything goes as it should with Windows Activation.

I've used this method with all of my mini PCs from this company, which are listed in my signature, save one. I never reinstalled Windows on my W8 Pro. I've never used the system files nor drivers available here for any of the mini PCs I own, and they all have clean installs of Windows, all are Activated and up to date with Windows Updates (or at least within the last two or three weeks), and all drivers that needed to be installed after the clean Windows installations were gotten from the folder I had saved from the original install on each.

This is just an option. If you prefer to use the system and drivers that will be made available here, hopefully very soon, you can do that too. 🙂
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: G1 Drivers or Recovery Image

Post by Gabe »

whenindoubt_c4,

barry777 has posted both the drivers and the system with drivers in the G1 section, so they're now available. 🙂
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800H with RX6400(G1)”