Fresh install

Nacster

Fresh install

Post by Nacster »

Hello all
i am doing a fresh install with a brand new m.2 drive i think they are sata b key or something lol
when trying to instal win 11 from scratch it needs an m.2 driver as it cant see the hard drive
i have the ak1pro driver file but there are alot of folders in it ...which one is the driver i need to carry on my windows install please
Thanks in advance :)
Image :geek:
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Fresh install

Post by Gabe »

Are you sure the new m.2 drive is SATA and not NVMe, as I don't believe the AK1 Pro supports NVMe, though I could be wrong.

The unit shouldn't need a driver for the m.2 drive, as the basic drivers loaded by the BIOS itself should be able to see it.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Nacster

Post by Nacster »

Oh yes its an m.2 sata ssd not nvme and at the moment the mini pc is running proxmox on it it etc so it shows in the bios and boots proxmox which i think is linux based so i think its a question of supplying the driver as i install windows or maybe some bios setting changes.
For you i opened it up and took a snap lol as i had to stick the rtc battery back on...its been rattling about since day one and i have been meaning to stick it back on lol...but meant pulling the mboard out and guess i was lazy at the time
i think its what we call b and m keyed etc but its definately not an nvme
Just so you know also i pulled a copy of the file repository folder of the original drive so i have the drivers from the system but just need help
finding which one is the needed driver for the windows 11 install because selecting them one by one to see which one is correct takes some time as you probarbly know :)
Hmm i am thinking on what you say and yes it shouldnt need a driver although i have seen some atx mobos needing one but maybe that situation is different to mine here and this board is not that old lol
maybe i should plug an ssd with a cloned image of my original install and pop that in and clone from ssd to the new m,2 lol
im at a loss tbh

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_20230529_115809.jpg
IMG_20230529_115809.jpg (2.19 MiB) Viewed 4379 times
Last edited by Nacster on Mon May 29, 2023 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Nacster,

I'm at a loss as well. Hopefully the admin or barry777, or another member with knowledge of this type of issue, will be able to help.

If you have the ability to clone it that might be a good thing to try. If that doesn't work I'd recommend contacting after sales support at support@kamrui.com or the seller, or even both.

Good thinking about the driver file repository. 👍
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

After replacing the hard disk, you can create a PE system (the steps to install PE:
PE system download link:
After entering the PE system, it is recommended to use the partition tool: DiskGenius, website: www.diskgenius.com.
Partition tool steps:
All hard disks will be displayed on the left side of the list (if not displayed, check the compatible hard disk type of the device), right click on GPT to select a new hard disk, and select to create a new partition (you can check to create ESP and MSR partitions at the same time).
Note 1: The MSR partition (Microsoft Reserved Partition) is a partition on a GPT disk used to reserve space for backup. This space is used, for example, when converting a disk to dynamic.
Note 2: ESP partition (UFFI System partition) is used in computer systems using UFFI BIOS to start the operating system, and stores boot management programs, drivers, and system maintenance tools in the partition.
Note 3: If the computer adopts the UFFI system, or the current disk may be used to start the system on the UFFI system in the future, an ESP partition should be created.
Suggest a new partition, this step is checked by default, click OK. At this time, the hard disk is still unformatted, click the upper left corner to save the changes, click Yes in the pop-up window, and then you can use the new disk.
After formatting the hard disk, follow the steps to install the system:
Reset system steps:
AK1 pro Windows11 22H2 system:
AK1 pro Windows11 21H2 system:
Nacster

Post by Nacster »

AHAA GREAT STUFF

thankyou so much

I will give this a go :) and report back for yourselves and others ;)
Nacster

Post by Nacster »

OK i can now confirm all is working well by using the image deployment method you have suggested Barry777
i want to thankyou Gabe and Barry777 for helping me and i am now running win 11 on my new m.2 drive
i take it this is already activated etc...no license problems i mean with this win11 i mean lol

Thanks again
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

That's great to hear. 👍

Return to “N5105(AK1PRO)”