Backup Win11Pro license?

AM06 PRO AMD Ryzen 4800U 5600U 5500U 5625U 5560U
dmcardle

Re: Backup Win11Pro license?

Post by dmcardle »

I want to install Proxmox on the AceMagic mini PC I am due to receive shortly too.

Has anyone used Disk2VHD or Clonezilla to successfully back up the disk image shipped?

I.e. just the OEM image - never booted - saved away somewhere to use as a Windows template?

Thanks.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Backup Win11Pro license?

Post by Gabe »

dmcardle,

I've never used either of those programs to save a system image, but I have used Windows' built in system imaging tool, and with the few times I've needed to use a saved image to restore a unit, it worked perfectly.

https://www.howtogeek.com/811619/how-to ... indows-11/

I'd recommend reading my suggestions in this topic about Windows and Activation, as in first going through Windows setup and signing into your Microsoft Account to ensure the system's Activation is recorded on both Microsoft's Activation servers AND your Microsoft Account. This way, if/when you decide to go back to Windows, whether with a restored image or a clean install, there won't be any problems with Windows Activation. It would also be a good idea to save the drivers on the unit to have them for later.
These users thanked the author Gabe for the post:
barry777
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600U(AM06 AM07 &PRO Series)”