Wifi slows to a crawl and driver won't let me force 5 ghz connection.

andrewe1

Wifi slows to a crawl and driver won't let me force 5 ghz connection.

Post by andrewe1 »

Hello,

I recently got an AK1PRO and for the most part it's been fine... however, I'm having a lot of trouble with the wi-fi.

For starters, the router is 10 feet away in direct line of sight and the pc likes to connect to the 2.4 ghz wifi instead of 5 ghz. I'm using a unified SSID so I can't choose manually.

I have also noticed that the driver does not allow you to force wifi since there are a lot of options missing in the properties panel that are normally there with other wifi cards. Here's how it looks:

and here's how it normally looks:

as you can see, no preferred band setting... any help?

Regards
Last edited by Gabe on Tue May 09, 2023 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed image links
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Wifi slows to a crawl and driver won't let me force 5 ghz connection.

Post by Gabe »

andrewe1,

I fixed your image links, as the pics weren't showing as posted. I hope you don't mind.

Hopefully the admin, barry777 or another knowledgable person will be able to help.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

This is a driver version issue; it is recommended to upgrade the driver.
AK1 pro Network Bluetooth Driver (WiFi, Ethernet and Bluetooth) 5.11:
andrewe1

Post by andrewe1 »

barry777 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:40 am This is a driver version issue; it is recommended to upgrade the driver.
AK1 pro Network Bluetooth Driver (WiFi, Ethernet and Bluetooth) 5.11:
Sorry for the late reply, I actually updated the driver and did notice that it stays connected to the 5GHz band for longer periods of time, however... it still like to drop down to 2.4 after a while.

The new driver gave me a bunch of new options on the hardware properties panel, but still no preferred band setting:

Antoniolone

Post by Antoniolone »

I believe I have successfully resolved the issue (in my opinion). The following guide outlines the steps I took to enhance the Wi-Fi performance of Nipogi:

! ! !FIXED! ! ! Wi-Fi Issues (NIPOGI AK1 PRO N5105)

Change the power mode for your Windows PC to "Maximum Performance," ensuring that the Wi-Fi never enters power-saving mode: Control Panel > View by Large Icons > Power Options > High Performance > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > Wireless Adapter Settings > Power Saving Mode > Setting: Maximum Performance > Apply > OK.
Close it, go to the desktop, right-click with the mouse, and select Refresh.

Open Command Prompt (with administrative privileges):
Copy and paste these commands one by one, pressing Enter after each input:

(1):
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

(2):
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess

(3):
sfc /scannow

(4):
ipconfig /flushdns

(5):
ipconfig /registerdns
(After this command, WAIT for 15 minutes)

(6):
ipconfig /release

(7):
ipconfig /renew

(8):
netsh winsock reset

(9):
netsh int ipv4 reset

(10):
netsh int ipv6 reset

(11):
shutdown -r

—-
Done. ;)

!Please note! that if you've used third-party software to attempt a solution, it might be necessary to consider reinitializing Windows. Third-party software can be likened to an apple sourced from distant lands—it's traveled a long way to reach you, unlike the apples from your own garden. In this analogy, Windows, like a self-repairing system, often has the capability to resolve issues through native tools like Command Prompt and correct settings.

To the administrators: If you would like to send me products to try in order to identify issues or simply to evaluate them, I am here to help. And if you would like the products returned, I will send them back to you after a trial period.
Take care, guys! Goodbye ;)
-Antonio
barry777

Post by barry777 »

After updating the driver, you can refer to the recently updated video [How to let WiFi prioritize the 5 GHz network band (applicable to Realtek 8821CE)]. I hope it will be helpful to everyone:

Return to “N5105(AK1PRO)”