Won't boot/no display

Mayday

Won't boot/no display

Post by Mayday »

As the title says. I have a 12gb version. When I plug it in, I get no display no matter the port or display. I have tried a few different monitors, both hdmi or vga. When I initially power it up. The fan spins for a couple seconds the blue light turns on and the red light on the ssd turns on. But that's it. No picture. Also when I plug in a mouse or keyboard no lights. But the USB ports do have power. It will charge my phone.

I have tried unplugging everything off the motherboard incase something was faulty even removed the ssd but still nothing. I also replace the CMOS battery. I tried plugging in a USB thumb drive that has win10 installer on it. Thinking maybe it was a windows issue possibly. The light on the thumb drive blinks then nothing.

I'm not sure what else to do.

Any help would be appreciated.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Won't boot/no display

Post by Gabe »

I would try a BIOS discharge. The following video is for the AK3, but the process is the same with the GK3 Pro.

If the BIOS discharge doesn't end up helping, I'd try reinstalling the system, which you can get from the following post. There's an installation tutorial that shows how to do it, as it's a bit different than the normal Windows installation process.

https://minipcunion.com/viewtopic.php?t ... ac145f7245
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

I can't do the install. I have no display. As I said in my original post. Hdmi or VGA. And I tried multiple different monitors and different cables.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Mayday wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:57 pm I can't do the install. I have no display. As I said in my original post. Hdmi or VGA. And I tried multiple different monitors and different cables.
Ah, okay, so the display shows nothing at all, not even the initial screen when you first try to turn it on.

In that case, I'd contact either the seller from the place you bought it or after sales support, at support@kamrui.com, as it sounds like there may be something faulty with the unit. The actual name on the product doesn't have to be Kamrui. The support email address is the same regardless.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

20230504_102149.jpg
20230504_102149.jpg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 5731 times
What does this button do? I just noticed it.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Good question. Mine's got one too. My guess is that it's a reset button, like the models with the little reset hole, but in this case inside the audio jack. It's not uncommon for some devices to have a reset button inside an audio jack, like with my Bluetooth headphones.

I pressed it on mine. When I reconnected everything and turned on my power strip, the unit came on, showed the AMI screen seen at the very beginning, then restarted and booted up normally. I didn't have to press the power button like normal, though I did after subsequently shutting it down and removing the power for a minute, just to see if it returned to the normal procedure of having to press the power button to start it, which it did. This suggests even more that it's a reset button.

The reset button does basically the same thing as a BIOS discharge. I would try it, especially considering the fact that your unit is pretty much non functional right now. Without anything connected to the unit, I'd take a paper clip or something similar, press and hold that reset button inside the audio jack for about ten seconds, release it, reconnect everything, then apply power. Hopefully it will get everything working properly, though with the BIOS discharge not having done so I have a feeling it won't make a difference. Still, one can hope, and it won't hurt anything to try.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Yup. Didn't do anything. I've sent an email to the support address. Been a week and no reply. Hopefully hear something soon. I'd like to use it.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Mayday,

It might even be a good idea to send a private message to either the admin or barry777, or even both. You can click on their names to go to their profile pages, where there's a PM button.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Mayday wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:25 pm 20230504_102149.jpg

What does this button do? I just noticed it.
The function of this button is consistent with what Gabe described, and it is basically the same as the BIOS discharge function; after disconnecting all connections, you can press the button for 5~10 seconds, and then try to turn on the power.
Millerspeed

Post by Millerspeed »

Mayday, did you ever solve this issue? I'm having the same problem.

Return to “N5105(GK3pro)”