Mini PC Windows 11 first setup partially in english and updates broken

katastropoulos

Mini PC Windows 11 first setup partially in english and updates broken

Post by katastropoulos »

Hello, just one more addition to my experience with installing the preconfigured WIndows 11 on this Mini PC:

once I was done with the setup (which I turned to German) in the first page of the setup, I rebooted and booted into a German Windows 11 as I expected.

But not everything was in German, there were apps like e.g. the Windows App Store which were still english! I had to do multiple rounds of updates with the preinstalled Windows 11 21H2 in order to fix this.

But the updates often stalled and did not proceed, so I figured out the the update process was for some reason broken. I was not able to update from Windows 11 21H2 to Windows 11 22H2 because this update never showed up in my updates list no matter what I tried.

So I finally found out that you can have Windows 11 repair the upgrade process via the integrated Windows 11 troubleshooting and repair tool and then, finally updates worked again and I was finally ready to upgrade from 21H2 to 22H2 and get all updates!

I do not know if I was unlucky or if the Windows 11 setup image on this machine has some problems!

Greetings from Germany, Janni
barry777

Re: Mini PC Windows 11 first setup partially in english and updates broken

Post by barry777 »

The pre-installed system is a pure version, I think it has something to do with the system settings.
1. Open Settings-Time and Language-Language and Region-Preferred Language (Add Language-Select the language to be installed-Set as my Windows display language (need to be checked)), wait for the download to complete and follow the system prompts to log out.
2. Open Settings-Time and Language-Region-Country or Region-select the corresponding country.
3. Open Settings - Time and Language - Region - Regional Format - select the corresponding language and country.
4. Open Settings-Time and Language-Related Settings-Manage Language Settings-Welcome Screen and New User Account-Copy Settings-Copy Current Settings to-Welcome Screen and System Account (need to be checked)-New User Account (need to be checked ), and restart according to the prompt after the change is completed.
5. Open Settings-Time and Language-Related Settings-Management Language Settings-Language for Non-Unicode Programs-Change System Locale-Current System Locale-Click OK, follow the prompts to restart.
6. Open Settings-Time and Language-Date and Time-Time Zone-Select your region; at the bottom of the same page-Other Settings-click Synchronize Now; then restart your computer.
Here are the steps I took to set up the language, I hope it will help you.

Return to “i5-1135G7/ i5-11320H/i7-11390H (TK11 series)”