8TB Hard drives are not recognized on the USB 3 ports

Tobi

8TB Hard drives are not recognized on the USB 3 ports

Post by Tobi »

Hi forum,

I tried to connect a Seagate 8TB Hard drive via a common Fantec Sata 2 USB 3 case with common ASMedia chipset to my GK3pro and the drive is not recognized under Windows 10 or Windows 10 PE. My other USB drives, like WD my Passport harddrives work like a charm.

I have tried the Seagate 8TB drive with another USB 3 adaptor (no-name) and the drive was recognized shortly, then disappeared and came back. No stable connection could be established.

Is it a known bug that harddrives >5TB cannot be connected via USB 3 ports?

Thank you and best regards.
barry777

Re: 8TB Hard drives are not recognized on the USB 3 ports

Post by barry777 »

The original system of GK3 Pro is Windows 11, and the original system inherits the driver. It is recommended that you use the original system; if the hard drive is not recognized, it may be a driver problem.
Does this mobile hard disk base need to install drivers? If other hard drives can be recognized and used, this should not be a problem with the USB port;
Learned from UGREEN, if the hard disk cannot be recognized after plugged in: the hard disk needs to be partitioned before it can be used. The partitioning steps are as follows: Right-click "Computer"-"Management"-"Disk Management"-find the newly added hard disk-right-click "Initialize" (for hard disk capacity ≤ 2TB, select MBP) (for hard disk capacity ≥ 2TB, select GPT ) - "Create a new simple volume" - the default next step - complete;
Perhaps you can use the partitioning tool DiskGenius, address: www.diskgenius.com.

Return to “N5105(GK3pro)”