Latest BIOS for TK11

katastropoulos

Latest BIOS for TK11

Post by katastropoulos »

Hello, I am using this machine (TK11^) since 2 days and am having some issues.

WHere is the latest BIOS for this machine? The installed version is from 2021, this is very old!

Greetings Janni
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Latest BIOS for TK11

Post by Gabe »

katastropoulos,

They don't list the BIOSes for their PCs, but they will provide it when there is genuine need.

What are the issues you're experiencing?
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
katastropoulos

Post by katastropoulos »

Hello Gabe, I am planning to use this computer for multiple years.
All big companies like Lenovo, HP, Dell etc. provide frequent BIOS updates to fix problems and incompatibilites of the OSes and the machines, bug fixes for the CPU and especially security updates for the CPUs, which are done via providing an updated BIOS.

See for example the huge Spectre/Meltdown vulnerability of the Intel CPUs some years ago which had to be patched by providing new microcodes which are baked into the corresponding BIOS.

I browsed the Age magicians homepage and could not find a single BIOS update for any machine!

What do you mean by "They don't list the BIOSes for their PCs, but they will provide it when there is genuine need."?

Who defines the genuine need? And where do they provide these BIOSes?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Unlike those other manufacturers, this company doesn't have a repository for their BIOSes that's available to their customers.

They provide them on a case by case basis.

If there is an issue you're having that might be fixed by a BIOS update, they may be able to do so, but they'll need to know what the issue is.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “i5-1135G7/ i5-11320H/i7-11390H (TK11 series)”