Join us now to become a VIP super user!

Uhaneikaao

Re: Join us now to become a VIP super user!

Post by Uhaneikaao »

Just got an AK1 Plus. First mini PC (unless you count an old Atom laptop), but long time IT guy. I found the setup to run very smoothly (however, I did an offline startup, so I could use a local account instead of MS login). So far so good. I was happily surprised to find Win 11 Pro instead of home ( TY!). Which made integration to my home network quite easy, and also allows me to tweak the OS better. The plan is to replace my old SteamLink behind my TV, and give me a greater flexibility. I may load a plex or Jelly bean server on it as well to see how it performs.

Is there a website that I can go to to get the drivers or bios as needed? I may install Win 10 of MS doesn't fix the SSD performance issues in Win11..

Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Uhaneikaao,

With regard to the drivers, they don't have anything specifically listed for the AK1 Plus yet, but I'll contact the Admin to see if they can make it available in the N95 section.

Regarding the BIOS, they don't have a repository of BIOS downloads available like many motherboard and PC manufacturers do. They tend to only provide a BIOS when there is specific, individual need, or when there is an issue discovered that needs to be remedied or an option that would be beneficial for the unit.

BTW, being an IT guy you likely already know this, but one piece of advice I always give to people is to save the driver folder from the current Windows installation for that 'just in case' scenario. It's in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore, and the folder you'd want to save is 'FileRepository'.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
actiftech

Post by actiftech »

Uhaneikaao wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:27 pm Just got an AK1 Plus. First mini PC (unless you count an old Atom laptop), but long time IT guy. I found the setup to run very smoothly (however, I did an offline startup, so I could use a local account instead of MS login). So far so good. I was happily surprised to find Win 11 Pro instead of home ( TY!). Which made integration to my home network quite easy, and also allows me to tweak the OS better. The plan is to replace my old SteamLink behind my TV, and give me a greater flexibility. I may load a plex or Jelly bean server on it as well to see how it performs.

Is there a website that I can go to to get the drivers or bios as needed? I may install Win 10 of MS doesn't fix the SSD performance issues in Win11..

Try Driverscloud, and tell me if it suits you. ;)
Inscore

Hidden type c

Post by Inscore »

Hey I got the kamrui ak2 plus if you take the top off there's a type c in there does anybody know what it does I hooked my phone up to it an it did nothing
barry777

Re: Hidden type c

Post by barry777 »

Inscore wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:19 am Hey I got the kamrui ak2 plus if you take the top off there's a type c in there does anybody know what it does I hooked my phone up to it an it did nothing
The functions of the internal interface are not open to the public for the time being and are used for debugging.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Hidden type c

Post by Gabe »

Inscore wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:19 am Hey I got the kamrui ak2 plus if you take the top off there's a type c in there does anybody know what it does I hooked my phone up to it an it did nothing
It's for when the system board is used in an AK1 type case, which has the detachable 2.5" drive storage carriage on the bottom. That carriage connects to that port, and it's 'wired' specifically for that rather than as a standard USB C port. Connecting a device to it could damage the board and the device connected, so it's best not to do so.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Paatch

Post by Paatch »

:D Encantado con esta pc esta cumpliendo odas mis expectations

Return to “J3455(AK1)”