I need the manufacturer bios of ak1

youth

Re: I need the manufacturer bios of ak1

Post by youth »

barry777 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:48 am It is recommended to restore the default value after entering the BIOS. Steps: After entering the bios, press F3 to restore the default value, and then press F10 to save and restart
I said yes to your request and was looking forward to receiving the much needed BIOS to make this minPC work, but you guys lied to me, asking for a BIOS is like asking for a treasure, too bad
actiftech

Post by actiftech »

I agree with the desperate request of "Youth". I don't understand why you refuse to share the bios of your computers when a client asks you? Is it experienced as industrial espionage? Although "Super User", and absolute FAN of your mini PCs, I do not understand your decisions on this subject. :(
dragonpoo

Post by dragonpoo »

@youth and @actiftech

Keep in mind that most people who post here are simply other users and customers of Mini PCs. We don't have any secret downloads or resources to refer you to, unless it has already been posted. Did someone refuse you? I don't see that post.

Have you tried contacting support for assistance? Reaching out to @admin directly? You can find the support phone numbers on the forum home page.
Guzilla GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AceMagician AMR5 (Ryzen 5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | Kamrui JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | Kamrui AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | AceMagician T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB)
actiftech

Post by actiftech »

dragonpoo wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:36 pm @youth and @actiftech

Keep in mind that most people who post here are simply other users and customers of Mini PCs. We don't have any secret downloads or resources to refer you to, unless it has already been posted. Did someone refuse you? I don't see that post.

Have you tried contacting support for assistance? Reaching out to @admin directly? You can find the support phone numbers on the forum home page.
Ok, I agree, all is in order whis the new website acemagician. :oops:
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear members,

We have received numerous requests for BIOS files and would like to address this issue. We understand that BIOS updates can improve the performance and stability of your devices, but unfortunately, we cannot provide them for the following reasons:

Multiple BIOS versions: We have a lot of BIOS versions, and we need to take pictures every time to judge whether there are BIOS updates and original files.

Warranty issues: Refreshing the BIOS can destroy the warranty, making the product unusable, and sharing files increases our after-sales risks and costs.

Industry standards: Mini-PC manufacturers in the same industry will not provide BIOS updates. While we have tried our best to help you, supplying BIOS files is not a standard practice in our industry.

We want to emphasize that we are not unwilling to help. We believe the disadvantages of providing BIOS outweigh the advantages, but we do not mean to refuse or deceive anyone. This policy does not involve commercial secrets, and we welcome friends who like to share more.

If you are having issues with your device, we suggest contacting our customer support team, who can provide you with alternative solutions or resources. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to serving you better.

Admin
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
dragonpoo

Post by dragonpoo »

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about this comment from the admin a lot, since first reading it. I can understand the frustration of having a system, as "youth" first wrote about, claiming there was something wrong with a system and thinking that a bios update might make a difference. I think a bios update would be the last option when trying to troubleshoot performance issues. I'd first look at a bios reset (boot into the bios, restore to factory defaults) and see if that helps. With newer systems, CPU performance is dynamically controlled by the OS, outside anything the bios can do. Unless the system maker troubleshoots and determines the issue relates to the bios, it is rare for this to have any affect.

I personally love it when a system manufacturer releases a bios update. I also love Windows' Patch Tuesday, and frequently find myself downloading and installing updates on day one. However, there are times when this really isn't the best option. Remember that release of Windows that destroyed users' profiles and personal files? We need a balance between wanting updates, simply because we think "new" equals "better," and keeping things stable.

Remember, if a system is acting up, go through the proper support channels to get help. I've found plenty of help just by asking the right people.

Just sayin' :)
Guzilla GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AceMagician AMR5 (Ryzen 5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | Kamrui JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | Kamrui AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | AceMagician T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB)
Oleh

Post by Oleh »

Hello. I am looking for a BIOS firmware for my AK1 (board marking AK1_4.1 2018.03.27). The issue is that my BIOS is heavily trimmed, and I cannot change some parameters. I am missing the "Advanced" and "Chipset" tabs, and the "Boot" tab is truncated compared to my other AK1 (board marking AK1_v6.0 2018.12.18), where everything is present. Also, some fields on the "Main" page lack device information. I suspect this is a factory defect. :( :cry:

Can I obtain a new BIOS firmware to address my issue? Alternatively, I am open to any advice that may help. Thank you in advance!
Attachments
photo_2024-01-17_15-54-55.jpg
photo_2024-01-17_15-54-55.jpg (266.16 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
photo_2024-01-17_15-55-10.jpg
photo_2024-01-17_15-55-10.jpg (314.08 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
photo_2024-01-17_15-56-44.jpg
photo_2024-01-17_15-56-44.jpg (286.87 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
photo_2024-01-17_15-58-05.jpg
photo_2024-01-17_15-58-05.jpg (329.73 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
Last edited by Oleh on Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Oleh,

Unfortunately, they only tend to provide a BIOS when there is something in it that needs to be fixed, and they only provide user specified BIOS options to those who buy in bulk.

Though it can be frustrating, no doubt, they keep the BIOSes fairly basic and locked down in order to prevent people from changing settings that could either damage the unit or render it inoperable. Though for more advanced users this is unlikely, novice users can mess with settings they shouldn't, so they keep the BIOSes like this to prevent that from happening.

With this said, some models have BIOSes with more adjustable options than others, but the older designs, like the AK1 with the J3455 CPU, which is one of their original models, tend to be more locked down. That's no guarantee that any particular model doesn't still have a fairly locked down BIOS though, including newer ones. It varies from model to model, and even different revisions of a particular model. I only mention this so that you don't end up buying a newer model in the hopes that it will have more BIOS options.

Edit: Though you're probably already aware of this, BE CAREFUL. Sometimes people try flashing a BIOS that looks like it might work for a PC they have, and it ends up permanently bricking the unit. I figured I'd mention this, just in case.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
dragonpoo

Post by dragonpoo »

Oleh, what functionality are you specifically looking for that you feel is missing? I rarely go into the BIOS unless I am troubleshooting boot devices. I know some people like trying to overclock a CPU there, but that's not something I would suggest doing.

Return to “J3455(AK1)”