Will the AD03 accept an NVMe SSD?

Intel® Processor N95 6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz
hsehestedt

Will the AD03 accept an NVMe SSD?

Post by hsehestedt »

I know that is ships with a SATA M.2 drive, but can that M.2 slot accept an NVMe drive in place of the SATA SSD?
actiftech

Re: Will the AD03 accept an NVMe SSD?

Post by actiftech »

hsehestedt wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:52 am I know that is ships with a SATA M.2 drive, but can that M.2 slot accept an NVMe drive in place of the SATA SSD?
No, M2 slot is not a Nvme slot.

https://zupimages.net/up/23/09/1m9k.jpg
hsehestedt

Post by hsehestedt »

In other words, the M.2 slot in this unit has a B + M key rather than an M key only, right? I find that interesting because all over the BIOS are references to NVMe, but I guess that they elected not to implement this.
Groch

Post by Groch »

It sure looks like an NVME keyed slot on the TechPowerup teardown photos https://www.techpowerup.com/review/acem ... -pc/4.html

Am I wrong about this, or are there perhaps more than one version of the AD03 motherboard?

EDIT UPDATE: I see Gabe has answered this earlier - NO NVME in another post. He confirms that the slot on his example does physically accept an NVME drive, but it is not recognized.

I can see how answering this multiple times must be frustrating, however the Amazon listing for the AD03 has the NVME question answered confusingly.
Amazon owner reviews include both those who claim do have tried and failed installing NVME drives, and those who claim to have installed them successfully.

Return to “Intel® Processor N95(AD03/AK1PLUS/GK3PLUS/T8PLUS)”