GK3V Windows 10 frequently looses time

asteroide06

GK3V Windows 10 frequently looses time

Post by asteroide06 »

Hello,
I have an ACEPC GK3V with 8GB RAM, 256GB ROM bought in 2021. Recently, it began to loose time. Sometimes, the current time shifts of tens of minutes, sometimes more than one hour, sometimes several hours... I checked the battery and it has a (good ?) voltage of 3V.
It is a big problem for me because this PC drives a telescope. If the PC is not at an accurate time, the telescope will not point to the right place in the sky.
Did anyone already face this issue?
Thanks in advance.
Jean-Marc, France
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: GK3V Windows 10 frequently looses time

Post by Gabe »

Normally when time starts to be off it tends to be the battery. It's possible that, although the battery is showing 3V, the power is draining and isn't enough to keep the time up properly. That's just a possibility. There may very well be others, though I'm not familiar enough with systems when it comes to this kind of thing to know what else can affect it.

Hopefully someone more knowledgable than me has some ideas and suggestions.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
dragonpoo

Post by dragonpoo »

Need a bit more information. Does it lose time when it's powered off or on? If it's off, as Gabe suggested, try replacing the battery. Although CR2032 batteries typically last 5+ years in computers, yours might have issues.

If you're having time issues when the system is running, is it connected to the internet? Make sure NTP is configured so it can get updates online, and that should help. If it's on but not connected to the internet, verify the power supply, as too little power might affect its built-in clock.
Guzilla GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AceMagician AMR5 (Ryzen 5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | Kamrui JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | Kamrui AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | AceMagician T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB)
asteroide06

Post by asteroide06 »

It looses time when it's powered on. Yesteerday, I kept an eye on it and noticed that it lost time several times in the evening.
It first lost 42mn regarding the actual time
Then it lost in addition tothe previous loss:
- 61mn
- 19mn
- 60mn
- 60mn
- 60mn
This was in a single evening. When it's connected to the internet, it syncs properly but if I need to go with my telescope in the middle of nowhere where I don't have internet, I wouldn't be able to use the sky map software to point the telescope where I want.
I never had such a problem on any PC. Even if I'm not connected to the internet, the internal time shouldn't shift that much.
I checked the BIOS time, it was still at the right time.
Could it be a malfunction of Windows 10 after an update ?
Thanks
Last edited by asteroide06 on Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “J4125(GK3)”