Power OK, but not any video on HDMI

adriansuta

Power OK, but not any video on HDMI

Post by adriansuta »

I purchased a GK3V Model Gemini Lake J4125 mini PC yesterday, but unfortunately, I am unable to start it up. Specifically, it is getting power, and when I press the On/Off button, the blue LED lights up, but the video output seems to be dead. I have connected the mini PC to a DELL S3422DW monitor via the HDMI port (I have tried both HDMI ports), but I get the same result - nothing on the screen. I have also tried resetting the BIOS after consulting this forum, but to no avail. If anyone can help me with advice or guidance in this matter, please do so. I would be grateful for any assistance.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Power OK, but not any video on HDMI

Post by Gabe »

adriansuta,

If you're sure the HDMI cable you're using is good, one other thing I would try would be to connect it to either a different monitor or your TV, if you have either of those available to try and they have an HDMI connection. I know it's kind of a pain to test on a TV, especially when your TV is likely nowhere near where you would normally have the PC, but it's just to see if the unit is, in fact, the problem.

I would have also suggested trying a BIOS discharge, but from your description you've already tried that (the BIOS resetting).

If you do try it on another monitor or your TV and you get the same result, I would either return the unit or contact after sales support at support@kamrui.com, who may also suggest returning the unit. With no video output I can't think of anything else to try.

Even if Windows was messed up on it or the SSD was dead, it should still show the initial POST info, so if it's not showing anything whatsoever, especially after testing with the other display (2nd monitor or TV), it's likely faulty. 🙁
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
dragonpoo

Post by dragonpoo »

The GK3 model also has a VGA port - do you have a cable and monitor to test that out, to see if the system boots and displays there?

Also, don't forget that there are phone numbers for support for the different brands, listed on the forum home page. You can try giving them a call instead of email.
Guzilla GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AceMagician AMR5 (Ryzen 5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | Kamrui JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | Kamrui AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | AceMagician T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB)
adriansuta

Post by adriansuta »

Gabe wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:04 am adriansuta,

If you're sure the HDMI cable you're using is good, one other thing I would try would be to connect it to either a different monitor or your TV, if you have either of those available to try and they have an HDMI connection. I know it's kind of a pain to test on a TV, especially when your TV is likely nowhere near where you would normally have the PC, but it's just to see if the unit is, in fact, the problem.

I would have also suggested trying a BIOS discharge, but from your description you've already tried that (the BIOS resetting).

If you do try it on another monitor or your TV and you get the same result, I would either return the unit or contact after sales support at support@kamrui.com, who may also suggest returning the unit. With no video output I can't think of anything else to try.

Even if Windows was messed up on it or the SSD was dead, it should still show the initial POST info, so if it's not showing anything whatsoever, especially after testing with the other display (2nd monitor or TV), it's likely faulty. 🙁
The HDMI cable is not the issue, as I have tried using another cable that is used daily to connect a laptop to the same monitor I referred to earlier. Additionally, I have also tried connecting a Samsung TV to the HDMI ports and had the same result, which is 0 display. I am considering trying to reflash the firmware, but I am not sure about the exact procedure. In the meantime, I have also sent an email to after-sales support.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Hopefully after sales support will have some ideas. If you don't hear back from them soon you can also try private messaging the Admin. Just click on his name in one of his posts, then click "Send private message" on his profile page. For reference, he's not on during the weekends.

Hopefully you can get some kind of resolution soon.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
dragonpoo

Post by dragonpoo »

adriansuta wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:35 pm The HDMI cable is not the issue, as I have tried using another cable that is used daily to connect a laptop to the same monitor I referred to earlier. Additionally, I have also tried connecting a Samsung TV to the HDMI ports and had the same result, which is 0 display. I am considering trying to reflash the firmware, but I am not sure about the exact procedure. In the meantime, I have also sent an email to after-sales support.
How do you plan to reflash the firmware if you can't see anything? Or do you have access via VGA, as I asked before?
Guzilla GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AceMagician AMR5 (Ryzen 5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | Kamrui JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | Kamrui AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | AceMagician T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB)

Return to “J4125(GK3)”