Trouble with USB port

Quick Fix.
cmillar6

Trouble with USB port

Post by cmillar6 »

I just purchased the AM06PRO with the AMD Ryzen 5 5600u and I love it. I have one issue with it, whenever I plug anything into the front left USB port the mini PC turns off. Once I power the PC back on and leave something plugged into that USB port everything works fine. This happens every time I plug anything into the front left USB port, all others work fine. For now I leave my USB mouse receiver plugged into that USB port and everything runs normally. What could be wrong? Grounding issue on the motherboard?

Thank you for your inquiry. Our testers also found this problem. It is said that 3 out of 1,000 units may have this problem. It is said that it is caused by static electricity and does not cause shutdown every time.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Trouble with USB port

Post by Gabe »

cmillar6,

I would contact after sales support at support@kamrui.com and let them know what's going on, as that most certainly shouldn't be happening, no matter the cause. When you do, make sure to note that it happens no matter what you plug into the port, which pretty much eliminates the possibility of the device being plugged into it being the cause.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
cmillar6

Post by cmillar6 »

Thanks, I reached out to them and they got back to me. This appears to be a design defect as other people have complained about the same thing on Amazon reviews for this model.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for your inquiry. Our testers also found this problem. It is said that 3 out of 1000 units may have this problem. It is said that it is caused by static electricity and will not cause a shutdown every time.

If it shuts down every time you plug in the USB, there is a problem with the hardware on the interface.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
cmillar6

Post by cmillar6 »

Well it did it twice for me yesterday so I would say its every time. It also doesn't matter what the USB device is. It can be a usb thumb drive, usb wireless mouse dongle, etc. So its not the device being plugged into it, its the usb port.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

cmillar6 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:35 am Thanks, I reached out to them and they got back to me. This appears to be a design defect as other people have complained about the same thing on Amazon reviews for this model.
That's not good. 🙁

Something I later thought of, though I don't know it will make any difference, is trying a USB extension cable if you have one, making sure to plug the extension cable in before starting the unit. I'm wondering if plugging devices into the extension cable rather than directly into the port might help to mitigate the cause of the problem.

Again, I'm only suggesting trying this if you already have a USB extension cable, not that you should buy one, nor that you should have to.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
cmillar6

Post by cmillar6 »

For now I just leave a USB wireless mouse receiver plugged into the port and its fine. As long as something stays plugged into it whatever electrical issue seems to be resolved.
cmillar6

Post by cmillar6 »

Now it powers off when I plug anything into both front USB ports or the audio jack. This is silly.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

cmillar6 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:56 am Now it powers off when I plug anything into both front USB ports or the audio jack. This is silly.
We will suggest restarting. If the problem continues to recur, you can make a video and release it, and return the PC for replacment. I'm sorry that this kind of problem occurs, but it rarely happens at present, and it is speculated that it is related to static electricity. :cry:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
cmillar6

Post by cmillar6 »

Well if its 3 out of 1000 units that have this problem I bought 2 of them. My new replacement AM06PRO arrived today and I plugged in my headphones to watch some you tube and the computer turned off. Same thing when I plugged in my usb wireless mouse receiver to the front USB port. I am unfortunately going to have to return both units and move to a different model or brand. This is frustrating as I love this little computer but I am a Linux user so I'm constantly booting distros from USB drives and I can't have the computer shut down everytime I plug one in.

Return to “Troubleshooting”