GK3V no drive detected, boots to bios

shanexxxx

GK3V no drive detected, boots to bios

Post by shanexxxx »

I am having a problem where the computer boots straight to the bios and does not seem to detect a drive.

Anyone else seen this issue?

Please help if you can..
Attachments
20230131_092655.jpg
20230131_092655.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 3278 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: GK3V no drive detected, boots to bios

Post by Gabe »

shanexxxx,

Like with your AK1, the first thing I would try is a BIOS discharge, though the process is a little different with the GK3 because of the different case type. The instructions below are for the AK3, but the case type is the same as the GK3, so the process is the same...

If that doesn't end up helping, I would try reinstalling the system, which hopefully will work...

Windows 10 Pro 2004 for the GK3. The title says it's for the GK1, but it's also for the GK3...

If you need the drivers...

If the system doesn't install it may indicate that there's a problem with the drive itself. If this is the case, and if the unit is still under warranty (12 months), I would contact after sales support at support@kamrui.com. If it's not under warranty, you may be able to install a drive in it if you want to try, depending on what kind of storage it uses/supports. Older GK3s only supported eMMC, which can't be replaced, but newer ones started supporting mSATA and then m.2. You should be able to see what it supports, drive wise, when you take it apart to try the BIOS discharge.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
shanexxxx

Post by shanexxxx »

I will try reinstalling the OS. I already tried the bios discharge and it did not help here either.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can also PM me if you need after-sales service.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
luigicrovaro

Post by luigicrovaro »

Hi everybody,
got same problem but out of warranty.
There some tutorial for helping in replace internal SSD ?
At the moment I insert a HD in supplemental slot and reinstall OS there, but I wish use internal for fast access.
Thanks,
Luigi.
Last edited by luigicrovaro on Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

luigicrovaro wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:32 pm Hi everybody,
got same problem but out of warranty.
There some tutorial for helping in replace internal SSD ?
At the moment I insert a HD in supplemental slot and reinstall OS there, but I wish use internal for fast access.
Thanks,
Luigi.
Because models change over time, the one you have may or may not have replaceable storage. The only way to really know for sure is to take a look at the system board. You can use the video in my prior reply as a guide to taking the unit apart. If it has eMMC storage, that can't be replaced, as it's a permanent part of the system board. However, even if that's the case, it may still have an mSATA or m.2 slot, or may even already be using one of those two types for its internal storage. The newer the unit is, the better chance it has of having or using one of those two replaceable options.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “J4125(GK3)”