AK1PRO M2 2280 SATA replacement compatibility

bigfloppa

AK1PRO M2 2280 SATA replacement compatibility

Post by bigfloppa »

Hello there! Really digging the small form factor of the AK1 Pro so far. I noticed that mine has an M.2 2280 SATA installed, which differs slightly from the smaller form factor M.2 in the Kamrui AK1 Pro mini-PC exchange tutorial.

Is there a list of all compatible m.2 stick types that would fit in there, in the event that we would like to upgrade that in addition to the secondary SSD that can be installed underneath the system?
bigfloppa

Re: AK1PRO M2 2280 SATA replacement compatibility

Post by bigfloppa »

Follow up question: will nvme pcie m2s also work in this slot?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Yeah, that instruction video is odd. I know the regular AK1 uses mSATA, having been upgraded from the original soldered on type of storage, but as far as I know all of the Pro versions of the AK1 use m.2 drives.

̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶9̶9̶%̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶K̶1̶ ̶P̶r̶o̶'̶s̶ ̶m̶.̶2̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶N̶V̶M̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶i̶e̶w̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶A̶m̶a̶z̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶d̶m̶i̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶A̶K̶1̶ ̶P̶r̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶N̶V̶M̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶i̶f̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶.̶

Not sure about a list of compatible drives.
Last edited by Gabe on Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Incorrect info.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
bigfloppa

Post by bigfloppa »

Gabe wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:41 am Yeah, that instruction video is odd. I know the regular AK1 uses mSATA, having been upgraded from the original soldered on type of storage, but as far as I know all of the Pro versions of the AK1 use m.2 drives.

I'm 99% sure the AK1 Pro's m.2 is NVMe ready, and there are a couple of reviews on Amazon that support this contention, but either the admin or someone who has an AK1 Pro and is using an NVMe drive would have to verify it to be sure.

Not sure about a list of compatible drives.
Yes, I'm curious because my M2 clearly says that it's SATA, but the model I have is an ak1pro.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

bigfloppa,

I sent the admin a PM asking about NVMe compatibility with the m.2 slot in the N5105 AK1 Pro. He'll likely reply here, but if not, I'll let you know what I find out.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I feel Gabe calling LOL
AK1 PRO does not support NVME.
If you want to use it, you need to change the resistor, which is hardware engineering. :shock:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

I'm sorry if I got your hopes up, bigfloppa. I thought it had the same system board as my GK3 Pro, with the case itself being the main difference between the two. Again, my apologies. 🙁
Scarecrow7170

Post by Scarecrow7170 »

bigfloppa wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:00 am Hello there! Really digging the small form factor of the AK1 Pro so far. I noticed that mine has an M.2 2280 SATA installed, which differs slightly from the smaller form factor M.2 in the Kamrui AK1 Pro mini-PC exchange tutorial.

Is there a list of all compatible m.2 stick types that would fit in there, in the event that we would like to upgrade that in addition to the secondary SSD that can be installed underneath the system?
Greetings,

I am new here as I have been getting aquainted with Windows 11 pro on the kAMRUI AK1 Pro. I have had it about 2 weeks now and am enjoying it.

I am also looking for such a list or information on this. Yes, the newest version uses 2280 size sticks. Also the only information I have found is that they use the older NEFF sata sticks, Not NVME.

I have just recently purchased a PNY 500GB NEFF stick and hoping it is compatable. It is in processing right now & I am anxiously awaiting delivery.. lol. I will post an update probably early January as the delivery date says December 29th.

Respectfully,

Scarecrow7170
Last edited by Scarecrow7170 on Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Honesty, & integrity are valuable traits to have.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for your attention!

Welcome to post your updates, and I will follow the thread.

Any questions are welcome to discuss at any time. :D :D :D
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Mandalorian

Post by Mandalorian »

admin wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:49 am I feel Gabe calling LOL
AK1 PRO does not support NVME.
If you want to use it, you need to change the resistor, which is hardware engineering. :shock:
Hello there,
just to confirm I tried to replace the internal SSD with a Crucial P1 1TG NVMe M.2 SSD. As expected it didn't work, just got a bluescreen and couldn't access the bios. So I switched back to orig. SSD and put the Crucial P1 in an external USB-C enclosure. In CrystalDiskMark max. speed is ~1000MB/s, I will use this as the main disk.
Regards

Return to “N5105(AK1PRO)”