Bluetooth Toggle Not even showing

AMD Ryzen 5 5600U/5800U
dantheman

Bluetooth Toggle Not even showing

Post by dantheman »

Hi.
Got the AMD Ryzen 5 5600 a few days ago and went through the Windows 11 install when powered it on.
Added my monitor, keyboard and other devices, among those was a bluetooth mouse (because there aren't many USB ports in the back).

Everything worked well for a few days.
This morning when I got to the computer, it had shutdown, even though I had left it running last night.
So I thought, maybe a Windows update.
Turned it on, It booted but now, the mouse is not working and when I look in the System Tray, I can see that the bluetooh tries to load and pops in and out of existence.

Same thing when I go to Settings - Bluetooth devices. I cannot see the Bluetooth toggle, I see my mouse and I tried to remove it as a device and it fails
(I plugged in a USB mouse in the meantime to navigate).
When I go to Device Manager, I can see the same thing happening, Bluetooth drivers trying to install, then disapear, then try to install again and disapear.

I tried going through some of the Windows Troubleshooting, Tried to turn bluetooth off completely from services and then try to update the drivers or remove my bluetooth mouse, to no avail.

Right now I have no idea what to do but to completely disable bluetooth from the services (diabled) but then it's kind of counter productive, I liked this mini pc for its bluetooth capabilities.

What else can I try? Is it possible the bluetooth is busted on the mini pc itself?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Bluetooth Toggle Not even showing

Post by Gabe »

dantheman,

Though I'm not sure why this would happen in the first place, it's possible that a system reinstall will end up being needed. With that said, hopefully the admin or another person will have some ideas for what you can try before having to go that route.

For reference, and for a 'just in case' scenario, I'd save the driver folder to a USB flash drive or some other external storage so that you have them to easily install after Windows (re)installation, though again, hopefully that won't be needed. The folder to save is 'FileRepository', and it's at C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore. I always do this with new PCs, again for that 'just in case' scenario.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

You may need to reinstall the wifi driver (including Bluetooth)
Our wifi driver has two versions. Please check it in the device manager and install it:

RZ608 wifi driver:

8852 BE:

If it does not work, reinstalling the system will be a good choice.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
dantheman

Post by dantheman »

Thanks for the quick reply. I will be trying the drivers provided in the other answer, if nothing works, then a system re-install it will be.
Like I said in the original post, it has been running for a few days only so I still didn't have everything installed and setup so it wouldn't be as bad as a computer I had been running for several months
dantheman

Post by dantheman »

The files provided by the Admin worked.
The Bluetooth drivers load and I can now see the toggle in the Windows Settings.
Thanks
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

dantheman wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:20 pm The files provided by the Admin worked.
The Bluetooth drivers load and I can now see the toggle in the Windows Settings.
Thanks
👍👍👍
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
anthony c

Post by anthony c »

Gabe wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:38 pm
dantheman wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:20 pm The files provided by the Admin worked.
Thanks
👍👍👍
I am having a similar issue with my son's computer. Bluetooth is fine, but the Wifi will sporadically disappear. I have done all the standard troubleshooting, checked for updates on the drivers in the device manager, etc - but nothing happens. Not sure if it is tied to anything but the wifi seems to only stop working in the evening. System is the AMR5 Mini running windows 11.

I wanted to install the drivers mentioned above (seeing how the driver sometimes doesn't exist on the computer), but wasn't sure how to tell which one to install.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

-Anthony
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

anthony c wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:40 pm I wanted to install the drivers mentioned above (seeing how the driver sometimes doesn't exist on the computer), but wasn't sure how to tell which one to install.
Take a look at 'Network adapters' in the Device Manager to see which one you need. You can find the Device Manager either by typing it into Search on the taskbar or by directly going to the Control Panel and clicking on it. You can also press the Windows Key and R at the same time to bring up the Run box, then type devmgmt.msc and click OK.

As an example, my AMR5 shows it uses the RZ608 adapter...

Screenshot 2022-12-27 143555.jpg
Screenshot 2022-12-27 143555.jpg (34.73 KiB) Viewed 2125 times

Return to “AMD Ryzen™5 5600U(AMR5) 5800U”