Ram Upgrade Issue

AMD Ryzen 5 5600U/5800U
Guido1977

Ram Upgrade Issue

Post by Guido1977 »

Hi Everyoone,
I am new to this forum, First of all, I want to say thank you for all the interesting topics. I find this form very usefull, I read a lot of topics on this miniPC before deciding to buy it.
it is just arrived to me, I got this Model: AMD Ryzen 5 5600U RGB PC,16GB DDR4 512GB SSD
first thing I installed a new SSD Crucial P5 Plus 2TB SSD M.2 PCIe Gen4 NVMe and this improved really well the performance.
now I bought new RAM to upgrade it.
I got this: Corsair Vengeance SODIMM 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C22
from tech spec everything should be compatible, but when I install them the PC do not boot anymore.
and only once I managed to enter in the BIOS but when I did I could see that the BIOS weas not working ok. (all menu were blanked).
then if I put back original Ram I got with the PC, everything works fine.
do you have any Idea how can I solve this?
do I need to do somehting in BIOS? did it cames to me with some BIOS Issue?
thank you very much for a very appreciated help!

Guido
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Ram Upgrade Issue

Post by Gabe »

Guido,

The first thing I would do is look closely at the modules to see if anything looks amiss with the connections. Then do the same for the module seats in the ARM5 itself, seeing if anything is bent.

If all looks good, I would try each module individually. Though it needs two identical modules for it to run in dual channel mode, the AMR5 doesn't have to have both RAM slots filled to operate. You can use just one. It also doesn't matter which slot you use to test each module, as in front or rear.

Testing each module individually will help to determine whether one of them is faulty. However, if neither one works and you end up seeing the same thing as before with each one, the admin will have to help, or even someone else with enough knowledge, as it'll be beyond my abilities.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Guido1977

Post by Guido1977 »

Thank You Gabe for the response,
good Idea, I didn't think about testing only one slot. I will try this and try to see if this can be a problem on the ram or the slot, (I don't think it's the slot because with the RAM it came with is working properly).
I am worried because once during booth I was able to enter in BIOS and I was reading that system recognized the 32GB RAM, but all other text were blank and not readable. I hope I don't have a bad BIOS.
I will try and if still not working also trying only one slot and only one RAM, (trying different combination) I will see if I can enter again in the BIOS when I have the new RAM installed, so I can take a pic of the screen and maybe ADMIN can help me.
Thank you for now :)

Guido
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Guido1977,

I doubt it would be a bad BIOS, though anything's possible. I'm thinking more something wrong with either a RAM module or even a slot, kind of 'shorting' something out, or at least something that resembles what that would do. Though again, anything's possible.

A snapshot of the BIOS is a good idea if it happens again and you can get into it.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Guido1977

Post by Guido1977 »

I did some test,
I tried all combination with only one RAM, in one slot, then in the other slot, then same using the other RAM. but the result is always the same.
the PC doesn't boot.
then I put back the Original RAM I got with it, and it boot and no problem.
during all tests I did, most of the time when I press DEL or ESC to enter BIOS, appear the text entering setup but it hang like that..for hours... but few times I was able to enter.
when I was able to enter in BIOS I could see that this time everything seems fine from there. and the system recognized the new RAM. I mean I could see that from BIOS it was saying Total Memory: 32768 MB (DDR4)
but then it doesn't matter what I do, (Exit BIOS without saving, or exit with saving)
the pc doesn't boot.
after BIOS close, it stays all black on the screen.
until I have to turn off the pc keeping pressed the power button. (couple of time it turned off only pressing once the power button) but mostly it seems blocked and so I have to do a forced shutdown keeping the power button pressed for few seconds.
I don't understand this....
I tried to install the new RAM on my laptop and it is working perfectly.
also on this Mini PC when I put back the RAM it came with it, everything works..
It would be really helpful if someone can help on this.. I would like to avoid to have to return the new RAM and buy another brand/type.
thank you in advance
Guido
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Guido1977,

That's unfortunate. Obviously there's something about that particular RAM that the AMR5 isn't getting along with. Hopefully the technical staff can figure out what's going on and come up with a fix.

I'll PM the admin to make sure he sees your topic and the issue.
dragonpoo

Post by dragonpoo »

The RAM in my AMR5 is slower than the one you described. I wonder if there's a compatibility issue with it. I've seen motherboard vendors list very specific requirements for tested/qualified/supported RAM upgrades but don't think AceMagician has a site that lists tested modules.

In my AMR5, I have Kimtigo PC4-21300S-19 chips, that run at 2666MHZ. It's basically the same as this: www.amazon.com/Kimtigo-PC4-21300-Unbuff ... B08VRQDVRT

I haven't tested RAM upgrades in this system, but wonder if a similar chipset at 2666, like this, would help: www.amazon.com/Samsung-PC4-21300-2666MH ... B07F6L771D
Guzilla GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AceMagician AMR5 (Ryzen 5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | Kamrui JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | Kamrui AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | AceMagician T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB)
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

dragonpoo wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:42 pm In my AMR5, I have Kimtigo PC4-21300S-19 chips, that run at 2666MHZ.
I upgraded mine with TEAMGROUP Elite DDR4 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) 3200MHz PC4-25600 CL22, though I've never checked what it's running at.
Guido1977

Post by Guido1977 »

this to show the RAM I bought, and I try to use.
I notice that it is nonECC. not sure if this change somehting. but the specs of the RAM are those:
Corsair Vengeance SODIMM 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C22
This is it:
Image Image

that when i put the new RAM the BIOS sees it, but then miniPC boot and stays in black screen.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Guido1977 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:11 am this to show the RAM I bought, and I try to use.
Hello, Guido1977
Thank you for your detailed feedback. I have forwarded this post to the BIOS technician with a description of your problem. I expect to receive a reply tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “AMD Ryzen™5 5600U(AMR5) 5800U”