How does a mini pc connect two screens?

Quick Start Guide and Video Instructions.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

How does a mini pc connect two screens?

Post by admin »

We recently received such a problem, which can be easily solved.
I share it with you here. You need to buy a one-in-two-out, one-in-three-out or one-in-four-out hdmi splitter.
Note that it is a copy screen and can only copy signals. The monitors can only display the same content, and do not support expansion.
If you want to use two desktops, it cannot be done.
There are many such products on Amazon, the pictures below can make you know this product.
hdmi splitter.jpg
hdmi splitter.jpg (114.04 KiB) Viewed 7928 times
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
jcx

Re: How does a mini pc connect two screens?

Post by jcx »

Hi!

Have you thought about directing users to getting a USB3 to VGA/HDMI adapter? The AcePC has a USB3 port so it can certainly handle the transfer speeds required.

If you like, I can check whether my USB3 to VGA adaptor works with it and get back to you?

Kind regards,
jcx
Kind regards,
jcx

See my Amazon Review of the T11 AcePC here.

---
If you encounter slowdown in Windows 10, download the latest Windows images (1903) from the "Downloads" forum.

If I helped, please let me know! :)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

HDMI crossover is better.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
jcx

Post by jcx »

Well, yeah. But if you use a HDMI splitter, you can only get the same image on both screens.
I'm guessing the AcePC can't use both HDMI and VGA at the same time either?

Therefore if you want a different image, "Extended Desktop" mode, a USB to VGA/HDMI seems to be the only option.

Let me know if you want me to test one of the USB3 to VGA adapters I have, see if it's a viable solution since it's not too expensive and it's very easy for beginners.

Kind regards,
jcx
Kind regards,
jcx

---
If you encounter slowdown in Windows 10, download the latest Windows images (1903) from the "Downloads" forum.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Not recommended.
jcx

Post by jcx »

I'm not sure why it's not recommended, what is the reason for this?

I've now tested my USB3 to VGA adaptor and it works just fine with my T11 over USB3.

If I'm missing something, do let me know.

P.S - You won't get gaming quality graphics or hardware acceleration from it but it's certainly useful to have a second display for basic web browsing or watching videos. In my opinion that's much more useful than just a copy of the display, though sometimes you do want a display clone (for example the same display in different rooms).
Kind regards,
jcx

---

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The screen will be delayed.
jcx

Post by jcx »

"Delayed" in what way?

During my testing (and use of USB3>VGA) I haven't found any appreciable delay between actions on the system.

Ideally, it would be good if you could use the VGA and HDMI output (in my case on the T11) in a "Dual Head" configuration so you don't need an external device for Extended Desktop but from what you're saying this isn't possible.

Therefore, the only way to achieve multiple outputs, with different content is to use a USB3>VGA(or HDMI) adapter. If some people find it 'slow' or 'delayed', surely that's better than not being able to do it? Not that I've noticed any lag from mine, it's just as responsive as any other external head I have on my other computers. Sure you can't use it for games and the like, but for what most people will have these Mini PCs for is web browsing, office tasks, movies, streaming and audio. Mostly things you'd expect to get from HTPCs.

I at least thought it was a good suggestion to achieve that particular goal, though it seems like it wasn't appreciated for the feedback about the device and how to achieve this.
Kind regards,
jcx

---

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We will give you feedback. In fact, we contacted the factory technology when you first posted to understand the situation. Their answer was that there will be a screen delay after connecting the display. We will continue to work with the factory and consider adopting your opinion.

Return to “Directions”