Driver issue with my mouse?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600U/5800U
Techblogger

Driver issue with my mouse?

Post by Techblogger »

On my AMR5, both mice have an odd behavior that I suspect to be a driver issue but its running the "latest" drivers. My mouse that uses a usb radio, is pensive when I want to click something specific. Could be an X to close a window, a link within a browser or whatever. It feels like its fighting me. My Bluetooth mouse has trouble scrolling with the wheel. When I'm using the wheel to scroll down the page, it moves down a few clicks then bounces up a 1/3 of the way. I've restarted and it seems to settle it for a minute, but it comes back.
What about drivers for this? The drivers on the driver page seems outdated for the version of Windows that come with the PC. Anything I need to check? I hate returning this PC but I need not to have quirky issues like this.
Help!
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Driver issue with my mouse?

Post by Gabe »

Though I'd back up your system beforehand, just to be safe, you could try using the "Auto-Detect and Install for Windows® 10/11*" tool available from AMD to see if it shows a more recent graphics driver, which might help. I'd stay away from beta drivers though.

https://www.amd.com/en/support
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Techblogger

Re: Driver issue with my mouse?

Post by Techblogger »

I hope this works as I think its just a driver issue. Fingers crossed

Return to “AMD Ryzen™5 5600U(AMR5) 5800U”