How to copy Win10 to SSDD or HDD

Come here to find solutions to difficult problems!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

How to copy Win10 to SSDD or HDD

Post by admin »

A document that many customers will need, which will teach you how to copy the system to your new hard drive.
The advantage of copying to a new hard disk: The system of the machine is on EMMC, and there is no way to clear the data inside without booting. This will affect your personal safety, and there is no such problem with external hard drives.
One of the advantages of SSD hard disk is faster reading speed. Putting the system under SSD hard disk will have faster startup speed and running speed.
Tutorial link:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
cristalain

Re: How to copy Win10 to SSDD or HDD

Post by cristalain »

Thank you very much for your detailed description. I would like to know if we can run it for Acepc AK2 because you mention AK1 in your demo it's the same for AK2. I already clone my SSD with Ease US software can I use your method anyway
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

of course can.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
cristalain

Post by cristalain »

Hello! I installed your tutorial but I stopped at step 3. Could you tell me how to copy disk D from EMMC to SSD I don't know how to do it the rest seems to be fine
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Use “Dism++” to backup copy/restore.
cristalain

Post by cristalain »

Hello I have followed all the steps carefully on 2 occasions but at the last step I get a message that the disk is full at half the Dowloads?Mystake some where I don't know,
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In the 1909 system, there is about 28G of storage after decompression, please make sure you have enough space.
ludvball

Post by ludvball »

I am currently attempting to clone a new GK1 to an SSD. I am following the directions on this thread. The save image, Dism++ is taking about 3hrs to complete. This is the second time trying to save the image. The first time, after saving and then applying the image, I was unable to boot to the SSD. Is there something I am missing?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

ludvball,

I present this only as an alternative, but I used the following method to successfully clone the system drive to an add on SSD in both my GK1 and my AK3.

https://www.partitionwizard.com/help/mi ... sd-hd.html

And because the newer versions of MiniTool Partition Wizard Free have the ability to clone system drives removed (evidently only the paid version can do this now), I used version 11.5, which still has that ability. You can download version 11.5 at the following...

https://minitool-partition-recovery.en. ... s/versions

During the cloning it gave me a message that it couldn't complete the process while the computer was still up and running in Windows, and it asked me if I wanted to restart the computer so it could complete the process, which I did. This is normal, so don't let it scare you if you see this. Then, after after it finished and the unit booted to Windows, I restarted the unit, entered the BIOS, and changed the first boot device to the newly created Windows Boot Manager of the SSD. You should see two Windows Boot Managers. The original, which just says Windows Boot Manager, and the new one, which includes the name or model of your SSD. The SSD one is the one you want to choose.

Once you're finished and everything is now running from the new SSD, you may still see the original system drive showing when you look in My Computer/This PC. I removed the drive letter from that old system drive so that it no longer showed, as I didn't want to accidentally store something there or change something in it. If you do so, just be careful that it's the right one, as you don't want to remove the drive letter of the system drive you're currently using (the SSD).

Again, I present this only as an alternative to the official ACEPC method for cloning the drive, which I've never tried. And, as always, it's a very good idea to back up your system before performing anything major like this, just in case anything goes wrong. I use Windows' built in System Imaging software and save a system image to an external drive, but you can use whatever method you like. The important thing is to just back it up somehow.

For reference, here are a couple of prior posts that may also be informative...

viewtopic.php?p=1178#p1178
viewtopic.php?p=1195#p1195

Hope this helps. 🙂
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
ludvball

Post by ludvball »

It worked the second time. I am not sure what was different. Thanks for the other option.

Return to “Computer Technology Zone”