Debian (headless) on AMR5

AMD Ryzen 5 5600U/5800U
BenDover

Debian (headless) on AMR5

Post by BenDover »

Hi,

I was looking for quiet some time now to build a headless linux based mini server, to serve some services at home.

Today i got the AMR5 (5600U) in the mail.

I already installed Debian Bullseye as a headless (non desktop) server with ssh access and docker daemon running.
First container i brought up was Portainer in Busness edition thanks to their free offer.

Things to come as (hopefully) containers are
- PiHole (of course) with Unbound,
- a client updating my dyndns setting automatically,
- OpenVPN,
- a reverse proxy (namely NPM or Traefic),
- a mail server (though I'm not sure if thats a good idea with a dynamic IP - ranges of dynamic IPs are often autmatically blocked by spamfilter- and blacklist-services),
- probs Nextcloud,
- probs some sort of media streaming server (maybe i can put the iGPU to some use at transcoding)

What I miss is the ability to turn of the RGB stuff within Linux or better in the BIOS, so the settings surviving a reboot.

I'll try to keep you guys updated.

Cheers and have a good one.
Dante4

Re: Debian (headless) on AMR5

Post by Dante4 »

BenDover wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:55 pm - a mail server (though I'm not sure if thats a good idea with a dynamic IP - ranges of dynamic IPs are often autmatically blocked by spamfilter- and blacklist-services),
Huh? Your provider allows for traffic on 25 port?
BenDover wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:55 pm What I miss is the ability to turn of the RGB stuff within Linux or better in the BIOS, so the settings surviving a reboot.
Just unplug them from the motherboard.

Return to “AMD Ryzen™5 5600U(AMR5) 5800U”