Strange HDMI issue

AMD Ryzen 5 5600U/5800U
dragonpoo

Re: Strange HDMI issue

Post by dragonpoo »

Sounds like a possible issue with the HDMI switch. What model is it? I bought one years ago (US Radio Shack brand) but never pulled it out of the box, as most of the time, I use remote connections (RDP, etc) to my different systems, or an old-school KVM with VGA and adapters.

You could try swapping things around, like which connector goes to monitor A or B. Or different hardware, but it sounds like you're limited on what you can test with.
GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AMR5 (R5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB) | AD03 (N95/8GB/256GB) | CK10 (i7-10810U/16GB/512GB) | S1 (N95/16GB/512GB)
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Though I doubt it's related, I did notice something unique about the AMR5 when compared to all of my other PCs, including my home built desktop and my mini PCs. For some reason, when it comes to the monitor I'm currently using, I'm not able to see the BIOS or the F7 Boot Menu with the AMR5. I can still boot into it, but it doesn't show on the monitor, which says "Input not supported" when trying either one. So anytime I want to do something with the BIOS or F7 Boot Menu with my AMR5 I have to connect it to an older Dell monitor.

None of my other PCs have this problem with this monitor, which is an Acer SB220Q.

Again, I doubt it's related, but I figured I'd mention it, just in case.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gabe wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:40 pm So anytime I want to do something with the BIOS or F7 Boot Menu with my AMR5 I have to connect it to an older Dell monitor.

None of my other PCs have this problem with this monitor, which is an Acer SB220Q.

Again, I doubt it's related, but I figured I'd mention it, just in case.
Sounds like fun. Is your oder Dell monitor also connected to the HDMI port?
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi, madpink
I hope you're using it well now, I'll ask them what caused the bug, but I may not be able to find that suitable monitor or Hdmi cable due to the testing environment. It would be better if you could reproduce the problem through youtube videos. We can analyze the bug through the video.
It would be better if this does not affect your use, thank you for the bug description.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

admin wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:34 am Sounds like fun. Is your oder Dell monitor also connected to the HDMI port?
Yes. When I connect the AMR5 to my Dell S2240M monitor it's using HDMI. My Amazon Fire TV also shows the BIOS and F7 screens when my AMR5 is connected to it via HDMI.

It's probably just that my Acer can't detect the AMR5's basic output signal during initial startup for some reason. It's not a big deal for me, as I can easily connect it to the Dell or my TV if I have need to do something with the BIOS or F7 Boot menu.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “AMD Ryzen™5 5600U(AMR5) 5800U”