Clock issues and CMOS Battery Replacement

PhilDotC

Clock issues and CMOS Battery Replacement

Post by PhilDotC »

Hi,

I have an ACEPC T11 and would like to replace the CMOS battery. For about the third time recently the device stops incrementing the time correctly and I have to dismantle it, disconnect the battery, short the contacts and put the battery back. I an beginning to think the battery is dead.

I use the mini PC for controlling a telescope so the correct time is really important AND I am not always near an internet connection so the BIOS clock needs to work correctly and maintain the correct time when the machine is switched off.

When can I get a replacement CMOS battery with the really tiny plug on it?

Thanks,

Phil
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Clock issues and CMOS Battery Replacement

Post by Gabe »

PhilDotC,

What you want to find is one that uses a CR2032 with the correct connector and length of wire. Like this, but not necessarily this one. It's just a generic battery of this type I found doing a quick search to use for an example. You're going to want to take the battery out of the unit to make the proper comparisons to find the one that will connect properly.

Another option is just buying one that is a CR2032 and with the right wires, then splicing it to the connector from the original.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
dragonpoo

Post by dragonpoo »

There's a ton of listings for a wired battery on Amazon. A generic search should find plenty (https://www.amazon.com/s?k=cmos+battery+with+wire) and then you can visually look. There are standard connectors on most of them, so I assume any of the two-pin ones should be okay. But visually compare before buying, just in case.
Guzilla GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AceMagician AMR5 (Ryzen 5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | Kamrui JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | Kamrui AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | AceMagician T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB)
PhilDotC

Post by PhilDotC »

Thanks for the response. I appreciate that they are simple CR2032 batteries but the issue is finding one with the correct connector. The listing on Amazon and the like usually list them for a X,Y or Z computer. I have found that the connectors are usually to large for the ACEPC T11. Is there any way to get the spec for the connector?

Phil

Return to “Z8350(T11)”