T11 install with other OS (e.q. Chrome OS)

Peterlai

T11 install with other OS (e.q. Chrome OS)

Post by Peterlai »

Dear all,

Because of the internal emmc capacity limitation, I am thinking of install the Chrome OS to T11.

Is there anyone try this and success to install any other operating system? If yes, please kindly to share the experience...
dragonpoo

Re: T11 install with other OS (e.q. Chrome OS)

Post by dragonpoo »

I haven't tried it, but I've tried a few Linux versions on the mini PCs, and they seem to run well. Ubuntu (or Mint or Pop!OS) all run well, in my testing.

Google was very limited on what they allow ChromeOS to install on, but ChromeOS Flex opened that up a little. It came from a third party product that Google acquired, but it's worth a try if you want to test it out. Be sure to let us know!
Guzilla GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AceMagician AMR5 (Ryzen 5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | Kamrui JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | Kamrui AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | AceMagician T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB)
Peterlai

Post by Peterlai »

Just want to update all of you here..

I did successfully to install Chrome OS in the T11. The chrome os is running smooth; and only used up 15-16 Gb space.

Here is the instruction I follow..
https://beebom.com/how-install-chrome-os-on-pc/

The wifi/bluetooth are working fine... The only problem is that when I connect hdmi cable to external monitor with built in speaker; there is no external audio setting (e.q. HDMI or monitor speaker) I can select.... I do believe that there is audio driver missing; and hopefully I can find the solution.. Not sure if anyone have experience on this problem (i.e. external speaker via hdmi cable not working in Linux system,...)

Other than this audio problem, I am happy to run Chrome OS on T11 to use as the web browsing or simple word processing..
dragonpoo

Post by dragonpoo »

Nice job finding those instructions. I wonder how your results would compare to following the official ChromeOS Flex instructions from Google's site, and if the audio would work if you did that. Since I don't have the T11 model, I can't test for the same results, but I'm still curious.

And of course, I'm glad you had success!
Guzilla GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AceMagician AMR5 (Ryzen 5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | Kamrui JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | Kamrui AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | AceMagician T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB)
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Great job! I've wanted to try Chrome over the last few years, but I never thought I would be able to with one of my mini PCs because of the drivers. Now that you've done it, I may try, especially with my W8 Pro, which has been sitting in a box on a shelf for over a year. It didn't get along with my new monitor and was very slow compared to my later mini PCs, so I kind of gave up on it. Chrome might breath some new life into it. 👍

I hope you're able to resolve the sound issue.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Z8350(T11)”