AMR5 RGB control software

AMD Ryzen 5 5600U/5800U
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AMR5 RGB control software

Post by Gabe »

inot wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:48 am Hello. any updates? I dont like this RGB lightning and there is no abillity to disable it permanently. Or maybe you have some linux utility for this?
You always have the option of disconnecting the lighting. It's two plugs, one for each side. You have to disassemble the unit to get to them.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
cackletinkle

Post by cackletinkle »

Bloodpoodle wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:13 pm Someone should program a file that would be put into startup folder to turn off the RGB as soon as windows boots. Right now I have the RGB software in my "startup" folder, but I have to manually turn it off, which does save a few clicks, but its not fully automatic.
this is exactly what i did as a workaround but a permanent solution would be great!
Gabe wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:45 am You always have the option of disconnecting the lighting. It's two plugs, one for each side. You have to disassemble the unit to get to them.
this is my next step when i take it apart and apply new thermal paste at the same time and hopefully reduce the # of times the fan kicks in
Dlopes73

Post by Dlopes73 »

Greetings! I installed it here and in my case it controls the lights, but doesn't turn them off.
All my drivers are up to date. Anything that can be done? Any bat for example?
cackletinkle

Post by cackletinkle »

you have to press the on/off button an extra time or two for it to register..
barry777

Post by barry777 »

inot wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:48 am
admin wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:28 am This issue can't be solved right now, and we currently have some internal people who say it should be solved, so it's a high priority, and I'll follow up on the progress of their discussions.
Hello. any updates? I dont like this RGB lightning and there is no abillity to disable it permanently. Or maybe you have some linux utility for this?
Sorry, there is currently no update to permanently turn off the AMR5 RGB lights. If you need to turn them off permanently, you need to disconnect the light control cable.
yacc143

Post by yacc143 »

For the Linux side it would be also interesting how the LEDs are connected to the system, the hardware/software interface?

Andreas
DanSG

Post by DanSG »

Gabe wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:45 am You always have the option of disconnecting the lighting. It's two plugs, one for each side. You have to disassemble the unit to get to them.
Is a tutorial for this a possibility?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

DanSG wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:39 am
Is a tutorial for this a possibility?
Remove the screws noted in the following image, as well as the drive(s), to remove the inside panel...

1.png
1.png (567.64 KiB) Viewed 7937 times

Then disconnect the two plugs noted in the following image, which are the plugs for the lights...

2.png
2.png (403.21 KiB) Viewed 7937 times
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
cackletinkle

Post by cackletinkle »

you can also disconnect the top two headers for a fully LED free experience

1 and 2 - side panel LEDs
3 - top logo LED
4 - pretty sure that's the power button ring LED
5 - power button, don't disconnect that

LEDs.jpg
LEDs.jpg (241.51 KiB) Viewed 7877 times
Groch

Post by Groch »

cackletinkle wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:39 pm you can also disconnect the top two headers for a fully LED free experience
Thanks for this**, and for the photos

A couple of notes:
1. The photos show the Realtek Wi-Fi card is removable not embedded. I put in an Intel AX210 and it works perfectly. For some reason I always get twice the throughput with the Intel cards. A cheap upgrade.

2. My main issue with the lights is their intensity...fine in a bright room but at night with the lights down they are extremely, even the huge power light is. I hope the next generation app will allow for dimming. For now, I'm using LightDims LED dimming stickers. It works great on the accessible panel and the top logo light. I do not know how to get to the back panel. I will disconnect the power button light and just use the top logo as a power indicator.

** Forum Question. I used to be able to leave thanks, I do not see a button to do that now.

Return to “AMD Ryzen™5 5600U(AMR5) 5800U”