How to set up dual monitors

Come here to find solutions to difficult problems!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

How to set up dual monitors

Post by admin »

Step 1: Connect the monitor cables
Simply plug your second monitor into a power outlet and connect its video cable to an available port on your PC.

Step 2: Intruct Windows how to manage your dual displays
Right-click the Windows desktop and select either Screen resolution (Windows 7 and Windows 8) or Display settings (Windows 10 / 11).
Comparison of product parameters.png
Comparison of product parameters.png (206.59 KiB) Viewed 2753 times
In the resulting dialog box you can specify the displays’ arrangement. The Multiple Displays pull-down menu allows you to control how the two screens work together. Choosing Extend these displays will prompt Windows to treat your displays as one contiguous screen.

Step 3: Choose monitor order
You can tell Windows which monitor is on the left or right by dragging the screen icons at the top of the dialog box. Get this wrong, and scrolling the mouse will be very confusing.

Step 4: Choose primary display
The Make this my main display option controls which monitor gets the taskbar and Start button. If you don’t see that option, the currently selected monitor is already the main one.

You can also control many of these settings by right-clicking the desktop and selecting your graphics control panel.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Techblogger

Re: How to set up dual monitors

Post by Techblogger »

Hello
I just got my ACEMAGICIAN AMR5 Mini-PC with AMD Ryzen 5 5600U in and I am not getting the second monitor to come on. I've tried different cables and my Dell U2412M is not seeing it. It sees the first one ok but the second monitor doesn't come on. Is there a setting on the PC I need to enable or is this a defective unit?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Techblogger wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:04 pm Hello
I just got my ACEMAGICIAN AMR5 Mini-PC with AMD Ryzen 5 5600U in and I am not getting the second monitor to come on. I've tried different cables and my Dell U2412M is not seeing it. It sees the first one ok but the second monitor doesn't come on. Is there a setting on the PC I need to enable or is this a defective unit?

Hello, Techblogger
Please refer to this tutorial and do not hesitate to contact me if you still have questions.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
mbdenny

Post by mbdenny »

I just received an N95 for whom a second monitor is not detected. I have tested both cables (one is DP-HDMI, the other HDMI only) and both monitors so it's not that.

I tried to watch the video you linked but it is about 2 minutes of just showing moving stuff around on three monitors?

Please help, we depend on your promise that two monitors can be run from these machines; I have purchased 4 but got stuck on the first one. Do note that I am very impressed by the machine and ths is the ONLY issue that I have -- everything else seems to be working swimmingly.

Thanks

Matt

Return to “Computer Technology Zone”