2.5-inch SSD Installation

Come here to find solutions to difficult problems!
ggalland1

2.5-inch SSD Installation

Post by ggalland1 »

Hello,
I have a Mini PC 12GB RAM, Ιntel Celeron J4105 Mini Computer Windows 10 Pro, 128GB M.2 SSD Micro Desktop Computer. I have tried to install 2 different 2.5-inch SSD drives and can not get either to work. I can not see the drive in Windows or BIOS. Any suggestions?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: 2.5-inch SSD Installation

Post by Gabe »

ggalland1,

Do the drives have formatted partitions on them? If not, and you have an alternate way to do so, I would try putting a formatted partition on them to see if it makes any difference.

Also, check to make sure that the adapter is fully seated on the drive, or if you have the model with the detachable drive carriage on the bottom, make sure the drive is firmly pushed against the connector and the carriage is firmly in place when you lock the slides. If your model has the drive expansion bay under the lid, you may want to check to ensure that the adapter cable is seated on the board. I know this can be a bit tricky without actually removing the system board to do so, but you might be able to see if anything is amiss.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Computer Technology Zone”