T11 SATA Drive disconnecting

Quick Fix.
dadahmmya

T11 SATA Drive disconnecting

Post by dadahmmya »

Hi there,

I have 2x T11 machines, and I added a 240GB SSD drive into the SATA expansion port of one T11 so I could use it as a downloading machine.

However, intermittently Bit Torrent downloads were failing with an error that the device (hard drive) was unavailable. On further investigation I found that the PC was occasionally disconnecting the USB connection to the hard drive. The drive would sometimes disappear from Windows Drive Management, then reappear, sometimes with a drive letter, sometimes without. I have a video of this occurring if needed.

I removed the SSD, checked the contacts on the SSD & T11, and replaced the SSD making sure it was pushed in firmly all the way. The problem still occurred.

I don't have any other hard drives to test in the faulty machine, so instead I moved my SSD into my other T11, where it seems to work perfectly, so I'm confident that the problem is within my T11 and not the SSD.

The T11 which is the problem is running windows 1909 (image downloaded from this forum).
The BIOS info is:
Core Version: 5.011
BIOS ID: T8U007
Build Dae and TIme: 08/30/2019 20:27:30

Are there any things I can do myself to resolve this, or do I need to get the machine replaced?

Thanks
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: T11 SATA Drive disconnecting

Post by admin »

Please contact our after-sales email address: service@iacepc.com
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Troubleshooting”