T5/W5 Driver Download

SDK665

T5/W5 Driver Download

Post by SDK665 »

Hello all.
I recently purchased a W5 Pro
I ended up needing to clean install the stick to get it to Win10 Enterprise for my work.
Upon starting, I noticed that a lot of the drivers are gone.
Like the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc....
Can someone point me to where I can download the complete driver pack.

Thanks.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: T5/W5 Driver Download

Post by Gabe »

SDK665,

Apparently they're still working on getting posts from the old forum moved to this one, and the topic concerning the OS and drivers for the Z8350 based units hasn't made it as of yet. Luckily, I had bookmarked most of the OS/driver links from the old forum.

You can get the drivers for the W5 Pro here (the file is zipped)...

Regarding the actual driver installation, the tutorial is available here...

W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

SDK665,

I forgot to add that you may need to be logged into a Google account in order to download the drivers. Sometimes it gives people a message about being downloaded too many times today, or something like that, but being signed into a Google account should get around that if it happens.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
SDK665

Post by SDK665 »

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!

I was told to update the sticks. (12 of them)
So I wiped everything out, installed Win 11 on there.
It booted up, runs flawless, except no network, no sound and the intel IO / shipset drivers were not present.
Took me 2 days before I gave up and reverted back to Win 10.
But this time, I installed Win 10 then found the exact same problem with Win 11.
Came the frantic search for drivers, etc...
Seems their forum disappeared and no support contact at all.
Luckily, I got you !!!!!!

Thank you so so much
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

SDK665,

You're quite welcome. I'm glad it helped. 🙂

One thing I'd do, especially since you have a dozen of them, is to save the driver folder of one of them once everything is up to date, as some of the drivers may update further via Windows Update. This way, if you ever need to reinstall drivers on one or more of them, you'll have versions that are more up to date, as even though they worked, some of the drivers in that downloaded file are a generation or more older than current. And since they're all the same model, you can just save it from one of them and it will be good for all of them.

The driver folder should be in C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository. 'File Repository' is the folder you want to save. It's probably somewhere between 1.5GB and 2GB in size, but it has every single driver that's installed on the system, and I believe the older versions as well. I keep special files like this that I don't want to lose on a specific USB flash drive, but that's just me. Just as long as they're saved somewhere is the important thing. Then, if you ever need to do a clean install on one or more of the units, you can use that saved folder as the search spot when updating the needed driver(s) and they'll be the more up to date than what's in that download.
SDK665

Post by SDK665 »

Ok

Armed with Gabe's information; over the weekend I did all of them in a flash.
I am happy to report that I was able to successfully install Win 11 Pro x64 on the stick and installed ALL of the drivers.
It is functioning as designed.
I approached this a little different than the post video tutorial.
The difference is that I used built-in MS PnP util to automate the drivers install
So, I am going to attempt to shorten the workload/steps to just 2-3 steps after OS install.

Step 1:
Create your OS USB flavor.
Step 2.
Download the drivers repo file from here: T5-T6-W5-W6 Drivers Repo
Extract to destination of your choice. Then copy the "DriverStore" folder to the root dir of the OS USB
Step 3:
Boot into ACEPC UEFI by holding down F7 then select the drive to start the install.
Step 4:
Once install complete and you're in the OS, open up Windows File Manager.
Locate the extracted Diverstore repo at the root of the USB, Copy it to desktop.
Step 5:
Copy the 4345r6nvram.txt file to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and restart
Step 6:
open up CMD with Admin mode.
Go into DriverStore folder on the desktop and locate the
T-3 folder. Drag and drop the updtcmd.cmd file into the CMD window and run it.
It will take a while but you will see the drivers being install one by one.
Once done, now go to the T5-6 folder and Drag and drop the updtcmd.cmd file into the CMD window and run it.

Once all of that is done, you will have wifi etc... you can then do windows update.

***Just for referencing, you could open device manager and watch each components being install as the PnP util iterates through the list.
Last edited by SDK665 on Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Nice! Installing each driver one by one is such a pain.

Of note, the link in Step 2 isn't working. You probably just need to edit it.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

varunrs,

From what I've been able to find, I don't believe the W5 Pro has Wireless Wake on LAN capabilities, but I can't say so with 100% certainty. I don't personally have one and I can't find any information on what options are available in the BIOS.

Hopefully either the admin or someone who is much more familiar with the W5 Pro can give you a more concrete answer.

Just in case, and though it's for a different brand, the following website has some info on enabling WoWLAN in Windows 10...

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... l-nuc.html

Return to “Z8350(T5)”