Wifi ok - no internet connection unless phone hotspot used.

Quick Fix.
New user 404

Wifi ok - no internet connection unless phone hotspot used.

Post by New user 404 »

Hi, I have 2 AK1mini pc's for my kids home schooling. one is working fine however the other is problematic.

if connected to the router via lan cable all works fine.
if disconnected from LAN cable and on wifi then signal strength is good however intermittently internet access is blocked. Error message "this site can't be reached. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"
If i then set up a wireless phone hotspot the AK1 mini will pick this up and connect to the internet without issue.

Any advice on what can be done to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mark.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wifi ok - no internet connection unless phone hotspot used.

Post by admin »

From your description, it should be a student who visits the school website. This is related to the website visited.
1. It should be normal to visit other websites (such as www.google.com).
2. Set wifi hotspot, still can't access, further explained that it is related to the website visited.
3. It is recommended that you change the browser, such as google browser. Some websites cannot be accessed because of the browser's built-in plug-ins.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
New user 404

Post by New user 404 »

Thanks for the response - couple of points of clarity below which will help move this forward as unfortunately the steps mentioned in the response do not resolve the issue.

Problem -
when connected to the house router via wifi the computer will not allow access to any internet sites at all. If I then switch to connect via phone hotspot WiFi everything works ok and all internet sites are accessible.

House router has been checked and is functional for all other devices and also if the computer is connected to the router via a lan cable then there is no issue and all works fine regarding internet access.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

May be related to the router, it is recommended that you replace the router.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
New user 404

Post by New user 404 »

Not clear i follow the logic in blaming the router - all other devices in the house including a second acepc ak1 are working without issue on the same router.
spikerguy

Post by spikerguy »

Hello Dear,

Have you tried checking wifi connection and its configuration in ipv4 check if it is in DHCP mode or manual mode.

If in case it is in manually assigned then switch it to automatic (DHCP)

Try and let me know.

Return to “Troubleshooting”