GK3 SSD dead

Speed_zgz

GK3 SSD dead

Post by Speed_zgz »

Hi.
On September 15 2021, I bought on Amazon my ACEPC GK3 8GB 128 SSD and today, after a Windows 11 error & reset, the machine only boot directly to the bios menu.
No hard disk as been detected. :(
I try to initialize and partitioning the ssd but can't be possible. :shock:
I only used this PC for two or three hours at weekends !!! :roll:
I've lost all my data whitout any warning :cry:
I report the problem to service email 6 days ago, but no response yet. :?
I need my machine working again !!!
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: GK3 SSD dead

Post by Gabe »

Speed_zgz,

If service@iacepc.com was the address you used, I would try sending an email to service@kamrui.com. I believe the acepc email address is still active, but Kamrui is the new brand name of their products, so it's possible that sending an email to the new service address will be more successful.

In the meantime, I hope the admin sees this topic and gives his advice, though from what you're describing I'm reasonably sure that the advice would be sending an email to that kamrui address, as it sounds like the drive may be defective/dead.

On a separate note, though I know it doesn't help you now, when the issue is ultimately resolved I would make sure to setup some kind of backup, whether some online type like OneDrive or something local, like with an external HDD/SSD. Or even just a manual thing where you save your important files/programs on a flash drive each time you use the unit. Again, I know that doesn't help now, and please understand that the advice isn't in any way meant to denigrate you or anything like that for not already having something like that in place. A lot of people don't, and I can certainly understand it not being in place on a system you don't use every day. It's not something we normally think about. To be honest, until I got my most recent main computer in April of last year I didn't either, and that was going on nearly 25 years of using computers.

I hope the email to the kamrui address is answered quickly.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Speed_zgz

Post by Speed_zgz »

Thank you for the advice.
Email sent to kamrui.
I hope a more quickly response
Greets.
Speed_zgz

Post by Speed_zgz »

I've receive an email from kamrui sent me a link to Amazon to purchase a new SSD :lol: and instructions to change it

I want a warranty covered replacement disk, not buy a new one !!

This is the last time I buy something from this brand :evil: if don't sent me a replacement SSD
Last edited by Speed_zgz on Wed May 11, 2022 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

I don't blame you. I wouldn't be happy either.

I would reply to the email they sent and tell them that you expect warranty coverage, which you're entitled to, as I'm pretty sure all models they sell come with a one year warranty. I'd even take a snapshot of the Amazon invoice, or even save the invoice as a PDF, and then include that with the reply.

For reference, if you're looking at the order on Amazon, click on the "View Invoice" option on the upper right of the order body. Then, at the top of the invoice page, click "Print this page for your records", but in the subsequent pop up save it as a PDF instead of actually printing it. Then include the PDF in the email reply, and note that the attached PDF if a copy of the invoice.

Whatever the case, they should definitely cover it, that's for sure.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Speed_zgz

Post by Speed_zgz »

Hi, Gabe!
I've already do it, sent all data and invoice, and I'm waiting for an answer.
I hope the replacement SSD is not a Hoodisk like the dead one.
Dead without any previous warning :roll:
Greets.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Speed_zgz wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:53 pm I hope the replacement SSD is not a Hoodisk like the dead one.
Judging by this post from the admin a couple of weeks back, it may be that they're not using Hoodisk anymore.
Speed_zgz

Post by Speed_zgz »

Hi !!!
I'm still waiting for an answer from kamrui. :|
Please, @admin, can you speed up this process of Replacement SSD disc on warranty time ???
I'm loading W11 from a microSD card hoping last until I've my repaclement SSD.
Greets.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Speed_zgz,

I just sent a PM to the admin about your issue to be sure that he sees this thread and replies. He's not usually back on until Monday morning where he is (late Sunday where I am in the US), but hopefully he replies then.
Speed_zgz

Post by Speed_zgz »

Thank you, Gabe !!

Return to “J4125(GK3)”