ACEPC AK1 Hard Disk

Sailorboy

ACEPC AK1 Hard Disk

Post by Sailorboy »

Just purchased an AK1 which seems very good. I need to expand the memory and would like to install a 2.5 disk. Ideally SSD. Is this possible or must I use HDD ? Also any recommendations of which disk to buy ? Thanks
spikerguy

Re: ACEPC AK1 Hard Disk

Post by spikerguy »

Technically you can use any 2.5" Drive doesn't matter if it is SSD or HDD as long as it s compatible with the SATA interface.
As this image shows that you can insert 2.5" SSD/HDD. Only upto 2TB is supported.

Sailorboy

Post by Sailorboy »

Thank you. I'll order the SATA SSD drive now.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I wish you a happy use.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Jim Quinn

Post by Jim Quinn »

Good morning, I have pretty much the same setup as described in the post, my question is a 2 part, what is the largest msata that can be installed for the OS, if I am already at the max, my storage drive is 1 TB ssd, how do I set up my programs to run from my storage drive , so keeping my OS drive clutter free, I already used up 50% of my msata, and havnt even put a dent into my 1tb ssd
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is the tutorial we made:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Ricardfern

Post by Ricardfern »

I have only a question. What is the largest msata SSD that can be installed in the ACEPC AK1 Mini PC?
I have understood only up to 128 Gb in the msata slot.
Please can you tell me the right answer?
Thanks
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Ricardfern,

The mSATA drive capacity limit for the Celeron J3455 based AK1 is 128GB. I'm sure the admin will confirm this.

I make that processor distinction because there is a newer AK1 that is Celeron J4125 based, and rather than an mSATA slot the J4125 based unit has an M.2 2242 NVMe slot with a capacity of up to 512GB. The J3455 based model is still available though. It hasn't been replaced with this new one, or at least not at this point.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Ricardfern

Post by Ricardfern »

I'll receive my mini pc tomorrow and then I'll see what kind of celeron microprocessor is. The model is AK1.

Thanks for your answer and your explanation.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Ricardfern,

You're very welcome.

I should say that, in reality, that newer J4125 based AK1 I mentioned may in fact be a newer GK1. I'm not really sure. When I saw it on Amazon it said AK1, so that's what I assumed, but you know how Amazon can be. LOL.

They're both great processors though, so either way you'll have a good one. 🙂
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “J3455(AK1)”