T11 Wont boot

jlizardjr

T11 Wont boot

Post by jlizardjr »

Hi, I have a T11 and it's suddenly stopped booting- the light turns red then blue and stays blue but its not giving any power to the speakers (as they would turn on) and the display wont work- sometimes it alternates back to a red light for a short time then back to blue but nothing changes- I have read there is a reset button but I cant seem to find it anywhere on the machine even when taking the back panel off. Any help appreciated.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: T11 Wont boot

Post by Gabe »

jlizardjr,

Is there a little hole between the HDMI port and power connection? If your T11 has a reset button that's accessible, that's where it would be. The following snapshot is from a Youtube video.

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.52.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.52.39 PM.png (475.48 KiB) Viewed 3867 times

If it's there, you can disconnect everything from the unit, then insert a paper clip into the hole and depress the little button inside for around 30 seconds, then release it, reconnect everything and then see if it starts normally.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
jlizardjr

Post by jlizardjr »

Sadly nothing there, just an OTG cable input no reset.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

jlizardjr,

Unfortunately, I can't find the instructions in this forum for doing a BIOS discharge on a T11 when you have to take it apart, but if you know how to get inside the unit and to where the battery connects to the system board, you can disconnect the battery and use something metal to 'short' out the two poles of the board's connector. Though the following video is for the AK3, you can see what I'm referring to at about 2:07 in the video. He uses a metal tool to complete a circuit between the two battery connector poles on the board's port, 'shorting' them out to discharge the BIOS setting memory, which resets the BIOS to default.

If you can do this, it may solve the issue you're having.

If you've never taken the T11 apart before, make sure to note where everything goes as you do. I don't have a T111, but the screws that hold the cover on are likely under the foot pads. That's where they are on most of their models.

Again, the following video is for the AK3, not the T11, but what's seen around 2:07 is essentially the same for a BIOS discharge on any model that doesn't have a reset button.

W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
jlizardjr

Post by jlizardjr »

Thank you, ill take a look now.
ZX-Spectrum

Post by ZX-Spectrum »

Yep, as Gabe has said. There are screws underneath the four pads on the bottom of the case, once removed if you carefully slide a blunt knife around the two halves of the case it quite easily comes apart.

Mine was getting to 85 centigrade (1080p 60fps youtube, I still get frame judders) and the processor was throttling back slightly to around 1.40Ghz, so I cut a symmetrical hole in the top and have added a 12v 120mm fan, but running it via one of the 5v usb ports. This makes it quiet enough to barely hear it yet drops the temperature from 85c to around 50c.

Again, now that's sorted (any temperature issues) it would be good to get the processor passed 1.68Ghz, which it should able to do. Maybe one day I will get hold of the bios which enable this and the ability to see the usb bridge sata drive.
Last edited by ZX-Spectrum on Mon May 09, 2022 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wow, thanks for sharing, it's been a long time since there were DIY posts in the forum, can you make this attempt into a post? I will promote you to super user to reward this sharing.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Z8350(T11)”