Bios file

tomo

Bios file

Post by tomo »

I would like to know why it is impossible to get a bios file from this site without the 3rd degree questions why you want it any other manufacturers bios files are readily available can nobody answer this?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Bios file

Post by Gabe »

For two reasons.

1. A single model can have any of a number of different types and revisions of a system board, and each one may have its own distinct BIOS.
2. Because flashing a BIOS, especially an incorrect BIOS, can brick a unit, they also want to verify whether there is genuine need for updating it, as in whether an update will accomplish what the person is looking for or needs.

So they ask the reason for needing the BIOS and specifics about the unit itself for the sake of the unit.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
tomo

Post by tomo »

why are they so worried about bricking your own bought and payed for pc,if it bricks thats the owners fault not the people who supply the bios file,all manufactures warn about flashing the bios,but they still supply the file,still confused?
tomo

Post by tomo »

here is the bios file picture which i took when i bought the pc hope this helps
Attachments
20220510_173242.jpg
20220510_173242.jpg (1.95 MiB) Viewed 4999 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

tomo wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:21 am I would like to know why it is impossible to get a bios file from this site without the 3rd degree questions why you want it any other manufacturers bios files are readily available can nobody answer this?
Since this is an open forum. Everyone's computer knowledge level ranges from beginners to experienced veterans. So posting some dangerous files directly will affect those newbies. Bricking the machine not only takes risks, but also wastes a month or so of back and forth after the sale. This is what we don't want to see.
Therefore, we simply did a BIOS requirement question. After understanding the type of BIOS file you need, and then pairing it with the BIOS update tutorial we made, it will reduce the chance of accidents.
Sorry for the inconvenience, we strive to be better.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

tomo wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:47 pm here is the bios file picture which i took when i bought the pc hope this helps
Please tell me what type of BIOS file you need.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
tomo

Post by tomo »

the present bios file is 5.12 that will do if there is not an updated file, i know how to put the files onto a flash drive or through the American mega update tool, or if you know of another way that would be helpful this would be much appreciated thankyou
tomo

Post by tomo »

Hi there I am still waiting for my bios file is there a problem?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

tomo. I found from your post that you are a GK series machine, do you want to enable the BIOS for secure boot?
tomo

Post by tomo »

Hi I don't understand why you want to know that, I can do that myself if I can get the bios file after the flash, or is that a requirement for the flash?

Return to “i5-7200U(CK2-8+128)”