LED Colors

Phynix

LED Colors

Post by Phynix »

Hello,

I just have a quick Question.
I have a T11 that recently wouldn't boot and wouldn't even show any graphic output plus the LED was flashing between blue and red constantly (like a boot loop). I then pressed the reset button for a few seconds and it seems that the boot problems are now gone.
But now, on startup the LED starts off blue, but it switches to red after a few seconds stays there and then switches back to blue again and boots.

I just wanted to ask if there is any documentation for the LED colors and what they could mean in connection with my new "problem"?

Greetings
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LED Colors

Post by admin »

Hi Phynix.
This may be related to the BIOS self-test, the BIOS will check whether each hardware is normal before booting, and then it will boot normally. According to the settings, the blue light is on when it is turned on, and the red light is when it is sleeping.
Regarding your current power-on light display, can you take a video for us, according to which I can get more information.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Phynix

Post by Phynix »

Hi admin,

I just took a video of the LED with the display output in the background.
I can't attach any .mp4 directly so it's inside the .zip archive.

The T11 is working as usual after its second "loop", its just that I have never seen that red light before.

Thank you for your help
Attachments
Red LED.zip
Video of light inside .zip
(5.74 MiB) Downloaded 187 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, blue light means power on, red light means sleep. Your machine may be affected by BIOS settings.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Phynix

Post by Phynix »

Hi admin,

could you tell me which setting would be the one that I am searching for?
Even though this BIOS only has like 5 options/settings, I am not finding the right one to change that behavior.

BIOS Vendor: American Megatrends
BIOS Version: 5.011
BIOS ID: T8U007
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi, if you want to change this kind of setting, you need to flash the BIOS file to fix it, I don't recommend you to try this dangerous, it may brick the machine.
Phynix

Post by Phynix »

Hi, I already know the dangers of BIOS flashing. I still would want to try it that way.
Could you send me with the files I would need?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Phynix,
If you have an uncomfortable experience in use, you can tell me directly. If the problem is only caused by the lighting bug before booting, I still do not recommend you to flash the BIOS, if you insist, you can try this BIOS file: view?usp=sharing.

Return to “Z8350(T11)”