1909 stable version download, solve WIFI!

Come here to find solutions to difficult problems!
nichomach

Re: 1909 stable version download, solve WIFI!

Post by nichomach »

Gabe wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:02 am Are you unzipping the file first? A zipped file needs to be unzipped before it can be used.
Hi Gabe, the issue is that the zip file just seems to contain the files *from* a disk image, not an actual image, and there appears to be no means of creating a bootable image from them. Honestly it looks as though someone just copied the files off a disk or ISO and then zipped them up. That doesn't create a bootable image.
bickern

Post by bickern »

Of course unzipping first, but what to do with the unzipped files?

It leaves a folder with the contents in, fine, but what do we do with those files? Just copying to a USB will not do anything.

The video you show is as much use as a chocolate fireguard and has no relevance to explain what is being asked.

Once we download the file and unzip, what do we do with the files?
bickern

Post by bickern »

A good tip for you is to download the .zip as a customer would then unzip it and look at the contents, then comment on what you find and what to do with what you find.
nichomach

Post by nichomach »

The zip file contains what looks like the contents of a Windows 10 image, but you can't just copy that to a USB stick; it needs to be bootable and should be a bootable ISO.
nichomach

Post by nichomach »

Just to clarify, the unzipped folders should include an etfsboot.com file in the Boot folder. Without that you can't even convert the unzipped folders into a bootable ISO, and thus write that to a bootable USB stick.
bickern

Post by bickern »

I think this needs referring to someone technical who knows what they are talking about, the admin replying seems out of their depth and does not understand what is being asked.

Could admin ask someone who is technical to explain what is being asked and that technical person reply?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

bickern wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:01 pm A good tip for you is to download the .zip as a customer would then unzip it and look at the contents, then comment on what you find and what to do with what you find.
My internet is limited (HughesNet), so I have to be careful with what I use my data for.

I asked about the unzipping as no one had made mention of having done so, and without knowing anyone's level of expertise it seemed like a viable suggestion.

You're right about the video. It doesn't help to completely skip over writing or burning the file(s) to the USB drive, and naming and formatting the drive, which is all that's shown, doesn't answer the question of what to do with them.

To be honest, I'm not really sure why they want/require people to use their OS file. Maybe it's altered to better work with their units? I don't know.

I upgraded (clean install) my T8 to 1909 shortly after I got it by using a flash drive I made with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool. The clean install worked perfectly and activated without issue. I had saved a system image before performing the clean install in case anything went wrong, as well as the driver file store, as I knew I would very likely need to install at least some of the drivers. The only problem I had was that the WiFi drivers wouldn't start properly after the clean install, but I then found out about the driver configuration script that was needed (4345r6nvram.txt). I found it, downloaded it and put it in the driver folder and restarted the unit. Everything was fine after that. I believe the script is included in the driver download from ACEPC, though I didn't get it this way.

I hope they can give you an answer as to how the files are supposed to be burned/written/used, or they can give a link to download an actual ISO. Whatever the case, I hope you can get it resolved.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
bickern

Post by bickern »

The video shows:-

Take A USB stick and connect to a PC.

Says "The first step write the boot image"

Yes we think that is what we asked.

Then shows blank desktop with This PC and it is clicked.

We now see six drives and one called WINPE (G)
You then decide to do a quick format - NTFS - with Volume label WINPE

Shows format complete, therefore we can take it that this drive is now blank with nothing on it.

Back to desktop and choose eject G

so we now have a blank USB drive

We place that in the ACEPC (but hang on here, we have to bear in mind that formating a drive and calling it WINPE does not make that drive a bootable WINPE drive)

Now comes the second part, select boot device and the choice is UEFI (but hang on we never created a UEFI boot device we created a blank drive).

The video skips this bit, the important bit, because that is where the problem lies and why we are asking the question. The important bit in case you missed it is how to create the UEFI from the files we have downloaded; that UEFI boot device should have been created by Rufus from the image files we downloaded except we did not download an image file did we, we downloaded a load of files you copied from an image (not the same thing)

Therefore the files we downloaded and unzipped are useless and we do not have a UEFI disk to select as a boot device so this part of the video is useless.

So where is the middle bit of the video, the bit where you used the files you uploaded for us to download

(by the way I have the problem that the broadcom wifi and the sound driver is not loading correctly from a normal windows install therefore the hope is the image will have the correct driver files)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is the link to the video tutorial after we have updated it. Since we were considering different models before, we deleted the copying process, but this is not rigorous, we will add it now:
Some misunderstandings that need to be noted: The compressed package needs to be decompressed before it can be used. You need to place the file in the root directory of the U disk.
There are dozens of ways to reinstall the system. Our tutorial recommends reinstalling the system from a USB flash drive. This method allows you to reinstall the system without access to the system desktop.
We recommend our mirror because we will install the driver you should have for you, so you won’t bother you. For native Microsoft systems, you need to download the corresponding driver before you can use it. For example, if you lose WiFi, reinstall us. The system given to you will have its own WIFI driver to ensure your normal use.
Thank you for your feedback to let us notice the loss of the copy process, and I wish you a happy use! :D
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
bickern

Post by bickern »

Yes that video worked and took it to when first purchased but, problem with Windows now saying not licenced whereas before it found the licence and registered.

How to get the licence back?

Return to “Computer Technology Zone”