Ethernet card stops working on T8

Quick Fix.
MoonUnit8499

Ethernet card stops working on T8

Post by MoonUnit8499 »

I have a T* with a persistent problem using the Ethernet card. My troubleshooting is drying up, so please advise on next steps. I'll describe the problem and some things I have tried.

The Ethernet card frequently disappears from Windows. Sometimes when this happens it shows in Device Manager under Network Adapters with a driver error. Other times (and currently) it disappears from Network Adapters altogether. I have tried following the forum instructions for updating drivers, BIOS, etc. but the latest BIOS I could find on the forum for T8 is the 2017 version already installed. When I try to follow the driver installation tutorial, Device Manager says that it does not find any drivers for my devices under the given path. I only have a few Unknown devices in Device Manager (far fewer than shown in the driver tutorial), so I think most drivers are installed. Trying to figure out where to go from here, leads to a few questions:

1. Where is the latest EC update for T8?
2. Where is the latest BIOS update for T8?
3. Where is the latest driver package for T8?
4. If I reinstall Windows using your 1909 image, will I need a product key? I don't see a PK sticker or anything on the device.
5. Aside from updating BIOS, EC, drivers, etc. is there any known issue with Ethernet card falling out from OS? Maybe there is some workaround. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ethernet card stops working on T8

Post by admin »

This has nothing to do with EC, BIOS, driver, you can try to install the 1909 system again, this will solve your problem: T8U_1909_Pro_X64_6255_en_de_es_fr_it_ru_zh_2020013 Win10_1909_Pro: = sharing
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Troubleshooting”