Updated BIOS

JimBJeans

Updated BIOS

Post by JimBJeans »

Hello, how can I find the latest BIOS update for my AK2, Apollo Lake J3455?

Thanks!
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Updated BIOS

Post by Gabe »

JimBJeans,

You should send an email to after sales support at service@iacepc.com. Make sure to explain why you need the new BIOS, as they're surely going to ask.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
JimBJeans

Post by JimBJeans »

Thanks Gabe, I'll do that.

BTW, have you had any trouble with the system after installing recent Windows 10 updates? After the updates, the boot sectors seem to get screwed up and I have to reinstall windows.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

JimBJeans,

All of my systems have Windows 11 installed, save for my W8 Pro, which still has Windows 10 Pro, but which I no longer use due to my new monitor not recognizing it.

Reinstalling Windows is what I would have suggested, but it sounds like that's not solving the problem. When you reinstall it, are you performing a clean install, and with installation media you've created using the Media Creation Tool available from Microsoft? If not, this is what I'd recommend trying, though I'd be sure to save the drivers before you do so that you'll have any drivers you may need after the clean install. They're in C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository. I save the whole folder containing all of the drivers, then use that folder as a search spot when installing any drivers that are needed afterward. Granted, you've got to have a couple of USB flash drives for this. One for the installation media and the other for the drivers and any other important files you need to save, if there are any.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
JimBJeans

Post by JimBJeans »

Thanks Gabe! I appreciate the quick replies.

I was unable to install 11 because the chipset in my particular model was not compatible.

However, I tried all the Windows 10 updates again, and this time I had no problems. I was able to install all the latest updates and the computer is running very smooth.

FYI: this was the reason I requested an UPDATED BIOS, hoping this would solve my problems with the latest Windows 10 updates. Obviously, not needed now.

Thanks again
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Glad to hear it worked this time. 🙂
prellon

Post by prellon »

Hi Gabe,
After I changed the settings in BIOS. Chipset -> South Bridge -> OS Selection on MS-DOS, the above driver for the PCI device was no longer marked as an error in the device manager. With OS Selection on Windows the error is again visible in the device manager. Which setting is correct? :?:

Thanks and Best regards
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

prellon,

Though I can't say for sure, I imagine with it being set to 'Windows' by default, 'Windows' would be the correct setting. I don't know what the specific differences are between the two, but I presume there are things about each one that make the motherboard component work best for the specific type of OS.

With it set to 'MS-DOS', you may find that the system is less responsive or ends up having problems with certain operations.

Hopefully one of the more knowledgable posters will see your question here and be able to answer it better and more thoroughly.

Return to “J3455(AK2)”